The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Sunday, 11 September 1988

The Rescue


‘Chopsticks’ – Marilyn Monroe


 

According to Prediction magazine’s ASTROLOGY SECTION:

 

‘A powerful factor this month is the Solar eclipse in the lower sector of your chart on the 11th.  This puts a sharp focus on domestic affairs and could mark a significant juncture for those who are planning a removal or wish to make major changes in their homes.

 

An eclipse in this area very often points to the end of a certain chapter and maybe the beginning of something entirely new.  This could be very good news for those who have experienced some difficulty in terms of domestic arrangements, or perhaps marriage, over the past few months.  With both Saturn and Uranus now beginning to move ahead in your opposite sign, it seems that many Geminians will be somehow liberated from a situation that may have created stress and strain in the past.’

 

Later:

 

‘Cerebral Man’ – Pat Benatar



 

I certainly hope Flash has enjoyed the PANOPTICON Doctor Who Convention.  I really wish I’d been.

 

NEXT YEAR, I hope to go to DONNINGTON, READING FESTIVAL and PANOPTICON.

 

TODAY, I watched Doctor Who: The Rescue, from 1965, and it is now my favourite HARTNELL adventure (of the three I have actually seen!).


 

My favourite kind of Doctor Who was recently the Historical Stories, but right now it is the First Doctor’s era, notably Seasons One and Two.


 

I also watched How To Marry A Millionaire, and I was very impressed with all three of MONROE, BACALL and GRABLE. 


It now ranks as one of my FAVOURITE MOVIES.

 

I hope life takes one of those gorgeous twists it always used to take when I started a new Autumn Term.  I hope when all the students finally arrive, one or two of last year’s TS2 will be doing the ‘A’ Level re-take course.  PLEASE!  I need one of you.  Any one will do.

 

Later:

 

‘Let’s Make Love’ – Marilyn Monroe



 

I went out with Miranda tonite and we made love.

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘The Performing Arts gang…’

No comments:

Post a Comment