The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Thursday, 15 September 1988

Splitting Up and Making Up


‘Caroline’ – Fleetwood Mac



 

Apparently, according to Prediction magazine’s ASTROLOGY SECTION, this week will feature ‘domestic matters’ and ‘quarrels and disputes’.

 

Later:

11.09pm.

 

‘The Boy With The Gun’ – David Sylvian



 

JUSTINE, LEE-ANNE, JAPAN, CRAZYHEAD, THE WONDER STUFF, DAVID SYLVIAN, MACBETH, SOUND TECHNICIAN PROJECT, MR JAMES, THE BTEC WALLAHS, BMW, DARK IS DESIRE.

 

Later:

 

‘House Nation (Remix Edit)’ – House Master Boyz and The Rude Boys of House



 

AAACIEEEED!

AAAAACIIIID!

 

ROK DA ACIID!

ACIDICTION!

 

HAROUSE!

 

era

 

Later:

 

‘To Be A Lover’ – Billy Idol

 

I had an entertaining chat today with MR RICHARD JAMES, my former ENGLISH LITERATURE TUTOR.  We spoke of my new ambitious line of thinking regarding the performing arts.  I think I am becoming a serious student, but I’m also enjoying my work and Macbeth is developing beautifully.  We also discussed Doctor Who.  He’s a nice chap.

 

The band’s going well.  We’re working on a great new song that Ash loves.

 

Ash’s great.  I love him like a sister.

 

‘Love Moves In Strange Ways’ – Blue Zoo



 

Tonight, Miranda and I split up.  She wanted more of me, I think and more FROM me and now, with Performing Arts and Dark Is Desire commitments most weeknights, I just can’t give it.  I wanted things to carry on, casually, until I could determine where we really going, because in spite of all her neediness, she still refuses to recognise me as a genuine boyfriend or reveal my emotional involvement in her life to her mum.  The idea of us being in a proper relationship is a nice one, but it’s clearly NOT going to be feasible.  We are not destined to be together.

 

So, we cried together.  And then we made up.

 

I’m happy to say that we are still together in our loose and casual format.  If we can weather my busy-ness at college and work things out, it might just go the way we both want it.

 

My No.1: ‘Nightporter’Japan



 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Perfect sex with Miranda…’

No comments:

Post a Comment