The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 14 September 1988

Sound Technicians


‘Somewhere Down the Crazy River’ – Robbie Robertson



 

OLD TS PALS & A-LEVEL RESULTS

I’ve been missing my old DRAMA BUDDIES this last couple of weeks.  So today was wonderful when JO WEDONSKA.  I was strangely overawed.  It was lovely to see her.  She FAILED her TS A-level, which shocked me.  So she’s back at College for another YEAR.  That’s lovely!  I then saw GABY HILL.  She passed, like me – except she’s off to Hatfield Poly.  Good old, Gaby. 

 

Now, needless to say, over the two years of the TS course, I DOSSED.  Sarah + Jenny would always tell me off, and they were so confident that I’d fail.  I think all of them were.  At the end of the 1st Year, our tutor, Ronnie Treece, said it was time for everyone to apply for Higher Ed ‘except for Ritcherd.’  She told me I’d be wasting my time and ought to wait and see how things went.

 

THEREFORE, I am shocked and stunned at the group’s results:

 

GABY                   

passed and is now starting Polytechnic.

 

JO WEDONSKA 

failed.  She is now, as I said, re-starting at NORCAT.

 

SASHA                 

passed, I believe.

 

CARRIE              

also failed, I believe.  No one’s entirely sure.

 

SARAH GEORGE            

failed.  This is an ironic shock for me.  She is now enrolled at Swaffham 6th Form, doing re-takes.

 

JENNY TAYLOR             

another, ironic, shock failure.  She has apparently applied for a research job at the BBC.

 

[hello, Ritch 1999 here!  I still know Jenny.  She’s lovely.  One of my favourite people + has been for a good 3 years.  She’s in AFRICA now + I miss her – Ritcherd, 1999 xxxxx]

 

So.  I SHOWED ‘EM GOOD, DID’N’EYE?

 

‘Lift 'em On Up’ – Pat Benatar



 

Also in our lesson we had a ‘special guest’ Higher Education student, who Larry had invited along to listen to our ‘projects’ and ‘presentations’.  Unfortunately, due to a lack of time, ‘The Sound Technicians’ were unable to present their research.  I was disappointed, as I put so much work into it last night.

 

[It doesn’t go unnoticed! – Larry Goodgirl, late 1988]

 

Fortunately, the other students handed over some informative notes from their ‘projects’, and the Higher Ed student also gave the group some informative notes.

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Splitting up and making up…’

No comments:

Post a Comment