The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Monday, 22 August 1988

Cider with Miranda in the Park


12.40am.

 

‘Suffer the Little Children’ – Pat Benatar



 

Going to work in five hours…

 

The Man Who Fell To Earth was absolutely excellent. 



It exceeded all the parameters of my expectation, and defies any praise I could thrust upon it.  My only regret is that I did not videotape it.  BOWIE was excellent and looked his best ever.


 

TIME TO SLEEP.

 

Later:

 

‘Let’s Stay Together’ – Pat Benatar



 

It seems Miranda and I have achieved something beautiful, wonderful.  Our time apart was for good reason, and now it is as if we were never apart.

 

She and I met at 7pm tonite and walked down MAGAZINE LANE and across WISBECH to the house of her friend Anna (remember her?  She had a ‘thing’ with Jazz Thompson?).  They spoke of Exam Results (Miranda fucked hers up and failed them all) and I shyly sat in silence. 

 

Anna was stunned to see Miranda with me, and Miranda had taken her off to the kitchen to explain the situation.  This was not all, it seemed, as she had also asked Anna if I could come to her ‘get-together’ on FRIDAY evening and stay the night.  Anna did not seem to mind.  I’ll go then, and on SATURDAY I shall leave for young Flash’s house.

 

‘Ship Of Fools’ – Erasure



 

After Anna’s, Miranda and I bought Cider and we sat in the Park.

 

It seems our ‘relationship’ is ‘unserious’, but also extremely serious.  It’s hard to work out.  I’m all for taking it easy to begin with; as long as I can see her and as long as we’re making love like the other night, then that’s great by me.  I just love being with her, but I think she’s cautious for a variety of reasons – the main one being her mother.  I am a secret to her mother at the moment.  Hopefully not for too long.  It’s best to get these things out in the open.

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Graveyard lovers…’

No comments:

Post a Comment