The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Thursday, 14 July 1988

On The Wire


10.53pm.

 

‘We'll Be Right Back’ – Steinski & Mass Media




 

Was listening to Into A Circle earlier and thinking about the early hours of a Sunday London morning, trying to sleep by that escalator in that train station with Stan…  We were PARTNERS IN CRIME back then.  I remember the light of the shopping arcade flooded onto me, so I went and fell into an uneasy sleep under the hot air ventilator…

 

‘No Escape’ – Cabaret Voltaire



 

This song reminds me of joining up with Ash and Dan.  The APRIL days…

 

Memory is a wonderful gift.

 

NOSTALGIA is beautiful…


MY CURRENT LISTENING:

'Walk Away' 12-inch from The Sisters Of Mercy...

The Hits Of House Are Here by Various Artists...

 

Oh.  College 88-90, please.  I WILL make theatre productions.

 

Hassle at home.  It does none of us much good.  There’s an –

 

Sorry.  Stopped to drink my Chocolate Horlicks there…

 

Yeah, there’s an atmosphere between Betty and Freddie.  They don’t get on too well, lately.  Down to Freddie’s moods, I think.  It could hinder Flash’s visit.  Ooh…

 

‘The Fourth Shot’ – Cabaret Voltaire



 

Ooh.  This reminds me of walking into Wisbech one Saturday after the Flash + Manda weekend.  Passing the Grammar School on North Brink, with the personal stereo on.  My mind said, ‘God!  This is about JFK.  Skill!’

 

I LOVE JFK!

 

Ooh, memory is great.

 

I wish Doctor Who would return to our screens.

 

Good old Doctor Who, my lifelong companion.  I’ve always watched it.  But the JAYNE days of ’85 and the 18 month cancellation brought about a brief demise in mine and Flash’s interest in the show.  I saw bits of it in ’86, but my flood of genuine interest came during the GOTH DAZE of ’87, when I was with Flash + Naomi in NORWICH.

 

Flash, our Who interest returned at Alford Grove, NRWCH; remember that day?  The Sisterhood of Karn in Naomi’s kitchen?  The VERY small ice cream cornet we made.  And we both talked about it in that caravan after that bastard rain-drenched walk from KING’S LYNN.

 

Doctor Who is great.  After all, Flash, it brought us both together, didn’t it?

 

THINK ABOUT THAT.

 

My No.1: ‘On the Wire’ – The Sisters Of Mercy



 

Memory IS a beautiful thing.

 

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

 

‘I HATE TO ADMIT THIS…

BUT I REALLY LIKE HIM…’

 

(Willock on the subject of Ritcherd Jon Winterfood, in conversation with Miss Katrisha Hill)

 

ON tHE WiRE…

 

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Doctor Who trivia…’

No comments:

Post a Comment