The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Tuesday, 21 June 1988

Irrationally Annoyed with Flash


5.50pm.

 

‘Moonchild’ – Fields Of The Nephilim


(for Kat…)

 

I awoke at 3.30am, opened my curtains, and glanced over the fields as the first white rays of light exposed the mist that enveloped the land.  I then collapsed into further slumber, dreaming of one Katrisha Hill.

 

MY BEST FRIENDS:

 

Natalia Wnek

Moonchild

Danyel ‘Morbius “Flash” Kraal’ Gordon

Berwin gGroomstoole

 

Later:

6.50pm.

 

‘Volcane’ – Fields Of The Nephilim



 

I DEDICATE THAT TO WILLOCK, I SUPPOSE…

 

Later:

11.50pm.

 

Blade Runner Love Theme’ – New American Orchestra



 

IT’S GETTING LATE.  MY FINAL EXAM TOMORROW…

 

Oh how I wish Lindsey had rung with some news for me, tonite.  Perhaps she’s lost my number.  Perhaps there is no news.  Perhaps Kat didn’t go last nite.  Perhaps Lindsey didn’t go.  Perhaps Kat hates me.  Perhaps Kat has sent a letter, which will arrive tomorrow… or THURSDAY…

 

Oh, Lindsey, what news of Miss Hill of The Firs?

 

I WANT TO WRITE TO NATALIA! 

I have not even 18p for a stamp!  NOT EVEN EIGHTEEN PENCE! 

Please, I want to her to send my JIFFEE BAG OF 1985 DIARIES back, then I can send her the 1986 renderings.

 

Oh I still love you dearly, my little Wnek.  Though, I don’t see you…  I guess I just want to ‘hang under’ for a while, till the exams are over.  Then we can see each other a lot.  I HOPE.

 

I bet you think I’m a bastard, don’t you, Nat?

 

I AM NOT A BASTARD.  FLASH IS!!!

 

EUROPE NO MORE!

WHY, FLASH, WHY?

 

I WON’T GO NOW!  IT’S YOUR FAULT!  I HATE YOU!  I REALLY HATE YOU!

 

1 MILLION REASONS FOR YOU NOT TO GO.  BUT IS IT YOU?  OR HAS YOUR FAMILY (OR MINE, EVEN) DECIDED FOR YOU?

 

A VISIT TO EUROPE WOULD ACCOMPLISH FAR MORE THAN A WEEKEND AT THE PANOPTICON, DEALING WITH FICTIONAL ADVENTURES.  THOSE ADVENTURES ARE NOTHING TO THE ONES WE COULD HAVE HAD!  AND, YES!  I TOO WOULD LOVE TO GO TO THE PANOPTICON, BUT THERE COMES A TIME WHEN YOU HAVE TO ASK YOURSELF: ‘WHERE DOES MY TRUE HEART LIE?’

 

I KNEW YOUR OBSESSION WITH DOCTOR WHO WOULD BE PART OF OUR UNDOING. 

 

AND ALL ALONG I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU TO SAY:

‘I CAN’T GO!’

BAStARD!

 

Later:

 

Blade Runner Main Title’ – New American Orchestra



 

Please forget I said all of that, but needless to say I was extremely disappointed.  Flash and I are now planning to go on holiday for a few days in Marrick Priory country – the Yorkshire Dales.

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘A fight with Justine…’

No comments:

Post a Comment