The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Thursday, 26 May 1988

Time Was, Time Is


My No.1: ‘Happy Birthday Pigface Christus’ – Current 93


Noggin

 

‘PLEASE EXCUSE THE BAD WRITING, INCOHERENT SCRAWLS, ETC.  IT ALL MEANS I’M FALLING IN LOVE, NO, I’VE FALLEN IN LOVE.

 

JEZ, PLEASE COME SOON.  I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO, NOW.

 

I’M SITTING HERE WEARING YOUR SHIRT – IT’S THE ONLY PART OF YOU CLOSE ENOUGH TO HOLD.

 

HARRY IS SITTING ON MY FLOOR, DREAMING OF LUCY – I THINK HE’S MISSING HER AS MUCH AS I’M MISSING YOU. 

 

I LOVE YOU – I CAN’T SAY ANY MORE, REALLY.  I’D DO ANYTHING FOR YOU, HOWEVER CLICHÉ THIS ALL SOUNDS.  OH JEZ, PLEASE WRITE/PHONE/COME HERE TO STAY.

 

WHEN STAN REALISED MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, HE STARTED BEING NICE TO ME + HE EVEN SUGGESTED ME + HIM GOT BACK TOGETHER – NO WAY!  I DON’T THINK I EVEN HAD THE FEELINGS TOWARDS HIM THAT I HAVE FOR YOU.  IF SUNDAY WAS JUST SPITE OR MEANT NOTHING TO YOU, THEN YOU’RE PROBABLY LAUGHING AT ALL THIS + WONDERING HOW TO GET RID OF ME.  GOD, I HOPE THAT’S NOT TRUE.  I’M PRAYING THAT IT ALL MEANS SOMETHING TO YOU.

 

PLEASE WRITE,

I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH,

 

Belinda

X’

 

Belinda… No, it wasn’t spite.  I felt close to you and compelled to be with you that night.  I only hope it’s not too late for me to ring you at work tomorrow and tell you I’m coming to see you on Saturday.  I can’t believe you feel so much.  I actually thought you probably hated me last year.  It was the way you used to look at me and watch me.  I was clearly reading that entirely incorrectly.  And I thought I was acting a real dickhead on Sunday.  I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU!

 

As for Suzi  Well, I got upset on Tuesday night that she and I may never speak again.  But I think that’s the end of it for us.

 

Natalia, I’ll pop in and see you on Saturday morning.

 

DRAMA PRACTICLE HEXAM TOMORROW!

YEEEEUUURGHHH!!!

 

It’ll be fine.  Please, my Gods.  Please.

 

I went for a beautiful walk with my PS tonite (I listened to ‘Call Me’ by Throwing Muses, ‘The Age Of Elegance’ by Ron Grainer, ‘Song To The Siren’ by This Mortal Coil, ‘The Crystal Ship’ by The Doors, ‘Happy Birthday Pigface Christus’ by Current 93, oh, and ‘Dance Of Death’ by The Venomettes).  It was beautiful outside – warm.  The grass was wet and twilight had set in.  An orange blaze lit the horizon, along with the nearly full moon.  The trees were beautiful silhouettes and a solitary star sparkled above.  As a bird of prey flew by, I felt a tingle of pleasure in my bones.  The road upon which I live, and our village, can be very beautiful. 

 

Goodnite.

 

AAH!  I JUST REMEMBERED –

AT ‘THE PARTY’, I

NECKED WITH JASON HERTFORD!

WOOOO!

 

[See the future, Kat


– Ritcherd Winterfood, June 16th 1988]

 

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘At the end of the drama…’

No comments:

Post a Comment