The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 14 May 1988

A New Shirt


‘Another Day’ – This Mortal Coil



 

When Eddie had gone, Flash and I talked for ages and then sort of went to bed, but we carried on talking for years about Suzi, Natalia, sex and all that stuff, which was very rewarding.

 

He’s my mate, is Flash.

 

And I realised once again that I cannot wait to see my two female loves.  I really can’t.

 

As the sun came up this morning, Flash and I were still awake and went for a dawn-lit walk around Castleford and in and around Queen’s Park in Airedale.

 

When we returned to Ashton Street, I slept as Flash watched his Grease video and listened to his The Prisoner LP.


 

We went in Leeds, where I bought a beautiful shirt from BAD.  It’s black and mostly white.  Sort of marble-effect.

 


We returned to Ashton and talked and ate curry from Lola’s.

 

Later:

9.20pm.

Ashton Street, Castleford.

 

‘Dreams Made Flesh’ – This Mortal Coil



 

I’M SO FRUSTRATED!  NATALIA.  THE LETTER WAS BEAUTIFUL.  I WANT TO REPLY, BUT I AM UP HERE IN THE HAVEN OF FLASH.  I MISS YOU SO MUCH AND I WILL WRITE.

 

LIKEWISE WITH SUZI.  I’M DYING TO SEE HER.  TO TOUCH AND KISS, ETC.  OH.  FOR ONCE, I WON’T BE UPSET AT LEAVING CASTLEFORD FOR HOME (NOT THAT I’M RARING TO GO OR ANYTHING…)

 

OH, THINKING OF SUZI ON THE PHONE.  WE WERE SO ‘CLOSE’.  WOW!

 

MY NEW SHIRT EVENTUALLY COST £19, BUT I COVERED THE EXTRA £4.

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘The (crap) Dr Who Monster gallery…’

No comments:

Post a Comment