The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 27 April 1988

Shallow Tide


DRAMA PROJECT:

We have begun work on our end of year performance.

 

SARAH GEORGE GAVE ME SOME FLAK.

‘OH NO, YOU HAVEN’T CHANGED IT AGAIN,’ SHE SAID.

‘YES,’ SAID I, ABOUT TO EXPLAIN.

‘WELL ME ‘N’ JENNY SHALL HAVE TO SEE ABOUT THAT FIRST,’ SHE SAID.

‘ME ‘N’ SASHA ARE SCRIPTING, I THINK,’ SAID ME.

‘SO ARE JENNY + I, ACTUALLY,’ SAID SARAH.

 

Later:

VERY LATE AT NITE, SAT IN BED.

 

‘Warsaw’ – Joy Division



 

Tonite, Dan, Ash and I got together from 6pm – 9pm and cos of me being a prat (I forgot to bring the lyrix), we couldn’t work on ‘Shallow Tide’ (which I adapted from my ‘Tide’ lyrix).  Instead, we reworked ‘Badlands’ and the tune is now better and longer.  It’s a completely new tune, so as to avoid any complications with Stan.  I guess it’s really a song about the emotional struggle of/for life.  We also recorded it so that I can extend the lyrix and learn it by ear.  We’ve also begun working on a new tune for ‘Kiss Of Pand’ra’ and we collaborated on re-working one of their old tunes, ‘Brother Body, Sister Soul’, which, with my input, is now much rockier and is really skill.  We’ve also recorded this so I can put brand new lyrix to it.

 

The new era begins.  What will we be called, I wonder?  Who can tell?

MAiN NEWS

SHE was away today.  Part-timer.  I knew it!  Oh, how I wish and pray and hope she will be in Tech tomorrow.  I am so… so… I can’t actually express what I am.

 

I need to sleep.  Oh…

 

That her hayre and her body and her soul were mingled with mine!  Oh what an entity we could become!

 

I can’t stop drawing pictures of her.  I need to see her again.  TOMORROW, PLEASE, MY GODS.  PLEASE.  OH, PLEASE.

 

Oh.  I love dressing much more ‘smartly’ these days.

 

She pouts those beautiful lips and draws in those cheeks, casting those dark eyes about her, and trailing vast, orange tree of hair behind her…

 

They drink their water from a shallow tide,

Can’t find their place in liquid love.

Drink their water from a shallow tide

Stealing pleasure from a drift of pressure.

 

They don’t say ‘No’ to the friends who know,

Ever saying ‘Yes’ to Exocet

And stealing from the water of love,

Breeding in their shallow flood

 

There’s a bitch called Man, lives far away,

Sittin’ pretty for Judgement Day!

There’s a bitch called Man on a blow away,

Ever ready for Judgement Day –

Tell her ‘Show!’

Tell her ‘Show!’

 

They drink their water from a shallow tide,

Production from pressure is a stolen pride.

Drink their water from a shallow tide,

Breathing out fall-out into love.

 

There’s a bitch called Man lives far away,

She’s sittin’ pretty on Judgement Day,

She won’t stay low for another day –

She got fourteen children!

She got fourteen children (tell her ‘Show!’)

She got fourteen children (tell her ‘Show!’)

 

 

Later:

 

A letter from Flash arrived today.  He and Manda are finished.  Part of me is shattered by this news, but thanks to ‘HER’ I am undiminished.

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Original TV Hits of the Sixties…’

No comments:

Post a Comment