The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 6 April 1988

Five Years From Now: 6/04/93


FIVE YEARS FROM NOW…

 

Just had some Nov – Jan photos developed.  Good, they are.  Some of Natalia Wnek.  I’d forgotten about them.  I wrote to her a while ago and she wrote back today…

 

My dearest Ritcherd,

 

Thank you so much for your card – a nice surprise.  Sorry I haven’t been in touch – I’ve been really crap with time; it just seems to disappear, leaving me dizzy.  I’ve been a bit of a social animal lately, having lost all motivation to work + now I’m paying for it as deadlines loom ominously. 

 

Can it really be 5 years?  It’s quite a feat we’re still in touch (as you say, albeit sporadically) if you think about how much has changed (and certainly how much I’ve changed).  I hope everything in your life nis still a roaring success + that you are happy + well. 

 

Me?  I keep panicking about what I’m going to do when my course finishes – I need to find a job + somewhere to live.  I prophesise a hard, miserable year ahead.  A pain barrier I have to break through, I guess; a necessary evil.  But I have been having fun with some lovely people lately + I’m off to France next Friday for a week, so life is nice at the moment.  I expect I’ll be home for a few days at some point in the next few weeks so I’ll give you a call + we can meet up again – go for a drink, maybe.

 

Take care, Jez.

 

Much love,

Natalia xx

 

I MISS NAT.

 

I WAS THINKING ABOUT ELBOW, TOO.  IF EVERYTHING HAD WORKED OUT + ELBOW HAD STAYED WITH THE THEATRE COMPANY, THEN THE FIASCO THAT OCCURRED MAY HAVE BEEN PREVENTED.  THE BASTARDS COULDN’T HAVE USED THE “ANGUS’ AGENTS’ FEE” LOOPHOLE.

 

DREAM:

ON TOUR IN HUGE VAN – DOGS TRYING TO EAT US ALL.

 

I MUST WRITE TO JACKIE + NATALIA.

 

WHAT ELSE IN LIFE?

 

I FEAR WHIZ HAS GONE BACK TO LONDON.

 

JOHNNY’S GOT HIS MONEY FROM THE DSS ADJUDICATOR.  I STILL HAVEN’T HAD MINE.  THEY SENT ME A LETTER ON SATURDAY SAYING IT COULD BE ANOTHER MONTH.  BUT AT LEAST I’M ON FULL BENEFITS FOR NOW.  I CAN’T WAIT TO GET MY BACK PAY.  IF I DON’T GET IT I’LL GO TO MY MP.

 

‘HEY, BABE, TAKE A WALK THROUGH THIS DOG POOH…’

 

‘ANOTHER DAVID BOWIE CASSETTE’

SIDE ONE:




/ 1984

/ DJ








SIDE TWO:











 

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘1993…’

No comments:

Post a Comment