The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Friday, 1 April 1988

Aprilness


‘Fourth Shot’ – Cabaret Voltaire



 

Hello.  My name’s WINTERFOOD.  Pleased to meet you.  For now.

 

I’m glad I’m NOT a Gothic Punk now.  Just an ex-Goth/Acid-Rocker, thanks.

 

1988 is great.  Love me and help me make it greater.  Let’s RISE!  LET’S ALL BE interesting, charming, witty, helpful and warm-hearted to those who are right.  LET’S GO ON AS WE’VE STARTED: doing something with our lives, as we are.  Let’s get out and about.  Let’s NOT vegetate in the home…

 

I am ‘attached’ to Justine Black, but love many, including ANITA, NAT, ALICE, and NAOMI.

 

I am the founding member of the HANNAH MUNDAY FAN CLUB and a founding member of the band SUGARBLOOD, now known as RING OF ROSES (but hopefully not for long, because that’s a crap name…)

 

BANDS:              Ghost Dance; The Lorries; The Nephilim; The Mission; The Sisters; Salvation; Rose Of  Avalanche; Led Zeppelin; Into A Circle; Iron Maiden; Scarlet Fantastic; Cabaret Voltaire and Bananarama.

 

RECORD:            Mix-Up LP by Cabaret Voltaire (1979)

 

PEOPLE:            Danyel ‘Flash’ Gordon; Astra Trellis; Simon Hinkler; Amanda Jones; Hazel Church; Justine Black; Naomi Bell; Simon Nightingale; Crackle; Rae; Danny Black; Danny from Salvation (and Rose McDowell – oh, and Sarah of Bananarama).  Oh, I also hang around with Stan.

 

I’M INTO:         Cult TV, including: The Prisoner; The Avengers: The Munsters; The New Avengers; Blake’s 7; Doctor Who; The Twilight Zone, and The Outer Limits.  But I also like Matlock, Sci-Fi, Time Travel, Sex, dope, Rock ‘n’ Roll, Witchcraft, Horror Films and Sherlock Holmes.

 

RISE AND SING, CHILDREN OF THE STORM! 

 

ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE, YOU BABES OF THE TEMPEST!

 

All my loves,

Winterfood

 ‘…be seeing you…’

 

Later:

 

‘Yesterday Again’ – Ghost Dance



 

The Sun has returned. 
It filled the skies today, and I felt good for it. 
Like an old friend, the spirit of Springtime returns to grace the Palace of Winterfood the Crimson King. 
It feels fresh and lovely.
The bells have tolled and the time is approaching. 
One year on and I feel the power of the Hare inside me. 
Beyond the voice of Anne Marie, beyond the acid wit of elder friends.
It is the fire of love for the physical spirit of Gordon I’m feeling. 
Flash, I mean. 
He’s always within me, whether he’s at Gordon or Ashton, here or there. 
I want to share so much with him; to be tied to his life. 
 
But less of that, for now…

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Beautiful place…’

No comments:

Post a Comment