The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 23 March 1988

Top Of The Year


12.50am.

 

‘City Boy Blues’ – Motley Crue



 

Y’know, a College Theatre Studies course is all well ‘n’ good, but I often wish I could have been on a course that was less about theory and more about practice.  I wish I’d had something more to sink my teeth into, perhaps a nice song ‘n’ dance job like Grease.  God, I loved that show.  I would, of course, present myself as a complete theatrical ignoramus if I were to say it was the most brilliantly acted and flawlessly directed play I’d ever seen – FAR FROM IT – but it was really enjoyable.  It felt so right.  So comfortable.  So good.  THE ATMOSPHERE WAS BEAUTIFUL.  I WAS NO LONGER IN NEW COLLEGE ’88, I WAS AT RYDELL HIGH ’59.  TRANSPORTED…  I felt so ‘relaxed’ as a viewer.

 

I can’t wait to get video ‘n’ audio copies of NEW College’s GREASE.

 

NOW A PRAYER:

 

Dear Lord,

Why is Nyall a shit?

Amen.

 

Later:

 

I’m ill. 

 

Later:

 

Dearest Flash,

 

HOW IS IT GA’NG?  AHR ARE THEE?  Z’OLRAIGHT?  Z’IT?  Z’IT OLRAIGHT…?

 

Guts!  Spleens!  Arteries!

 

SHOCK!  BLONDIE has been run over + is in intensive CAHR!  Oooh!

 

Wooloomoolo

 

I feel really, really, really ILL!!!

 

Stan is a gee.

 

‘HE’S A BIT OF A WIDE BOY’

Jon Winterfood 1988

 

A giant, spindly, grinning spider in a cowboy hat, customised with buffalo horns…

 

‘BADLANDS

 

I did a review o’ my exam piece YESTERDAY.  I didn’t know the words as well as I should.  But…  I WAS ‘MOCK’ ASSESSED.  And after a day of pooing my pants and being scared ‘n’ being spurred on by

GREASE

POO!

 

My pieces were marked very highly…

 

AND I CAME TOP IN’T’ YEAR!

17/20!  FROM ALMOST SCRATCH –

IN A DAY!

WOOO!

So I’m chaffed.

 

So… how R U?

 

GREASE IS ACE!  GET ME AN AUDIO COPY [OR E’EN VID] O’ YOUR SHOW!

 

Say ‘hi’ to MANDA for me + ALL T’OTHERS

 

TELL ‘EM THEY WAS

HACE!

 

WOW.  THIS MAY SHOCK YOU OR SURPRISE YOU BUT I’M THINKING OF STARTING A

‘HANNAH MUNDAY (OUR FRENCHY!)

fan club’

 

I mean you were the best up there, but she WAS a girl and, y’know…  She’s really lodged herself in my head.  Ace actress.  A lot of presence.  GOD KNOWS WHAT SHE’S REALLY LIKE, but I’M FASCINATED AND PERPLEXED BY HER!  Tell HANNAH I’m thinking of her [ho-ho-ho!]

 

Anyhow, Zuko, thanx for GREASE.

 

Look out for a book in WHS called Fantastic TV, with episode guides in it for: Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, Kolchak, Lost In Space, Space 1999, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, Night Gallery, Star Trek, Prisoner, Thriller AND MOOHAW!  ‘TIS HACE.

 

Avengers Anew is crap!

 

Fave Records at mo’: ‘Evergreen’+ ‘Beirut’ by In2 a O; ‘Raining On Prom Night’, ‘Look At Me I’m Sandra Dee’ from the Grease soundtrack; ‘Badlands’ by Sugarblood AND ALL T’USUAL.

 

Fare the well for now, matey-boy.

 

All my

Discobopmesonix

 

Ritcherd

 

A zeppelin chugs by with ‘PLAY GREASE’ written on it…

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Progress report…’

No comments:

Post a Comment