The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Monday, 7 March 1988

The Divine Punishment


‘Something Always Happens’ – The Art Of Noise



 

‘Kicking out the black and bringing in the red…’

 

Hi.  I’m Jez, or Ritcherd.  Don’t mind which.  I’m 17 years old and I’m… well… I’m god-knows-what these days, but still getting branded as a gothic.  I don’t mind though.  I’m reaching new heights (depths?) of self-awareness these days.  I’m nice and charming to those I love and respect, but cold and cutting to those for whom I have no time.

 

My best mate is Danyel ‘Flash’ Gordon, and I haven’t seen him for ages, which is a bit sad, but there y’go…

 

OTHER MATES ARE: Stan Lampwick, Astra Trellis, Pauline Gold, Danny Black, Crackle & Rae from Newcastle, Matt Cuthbertson, William and – hopefully – Justine Black.  Oh, and Simon Hinkler (HAR-HAR-HAR-HAR-HAR!).

 

My favourite clothes are: my black wagon kegs, me frilly black shirt, my housecoat and my byker’s jacket.  But I think I want a denim jacket for a slightly more Motorhead-Goth look.

 

I’M INTO:           

ENNIO MORRICONE
COWBOYS
SEX
ROMANCE
TRUE LOVE
MUSIC
DIAMANDA GALAS
SUGARBLOOD
LEEDS
ROSE McDOWALL
BERWIN GROOMSTOOL
and
CACK FLAMBÉ.

 

BANDS:               

Led Zeppelin
Red Lorry Yellow Lorry
Sisters Of Mercy
The Mission
Fields Of The Nephilim,
Sugarblood
Robert Plant
Ghost Dance
Salvation
Strawberry Switchblade
Bauhaus
Sex Gang Children
and tonnes more…

 

RECORD:           

The Divine Punishment LP by DIAMANDA GALAS.

 

Later:

11.50pm.

 

‘Fabienne’ – The Mission



 

Justine and I have resolved our issues. 
Following a very tense discussion,
full of bitchiness and bad moods,
she finally revealed she was still unsure of my feelings for her.
She said she felt t
hat I’m doing ‘all this’ to get back at her. 
We bitched each other off for ages. 
Angrily I found myself cruelly saying,
‘Yeah.  I’m doing it all to see you suffer.’

Justine turned away, understandably close to tears.

After a long, long silence,
I said, truthfully,
‘No, Justine. 
I’m going through all this
because I still love you
and I really, really care about you.’

Finally,
we embraced and
I felt immediately better
for telling her
that which I should have told her ages ago. 
We have come out of the darkness
all loving and nice, yet again. 
Things can only get better.

 

‘Wild Hearted Woman’ – All About Eve



 

RECORDS TO BUY (in no real order): Children by The Mission; Led Zeppelin 3 by Led Zeppelin; Now And Zen by Robert Plant; and The Divine Punishment by Diamanda Galas.

 

Why the last one?  Well, shit of all shates, we used some of the lyrics from the inner sleeve in Drama today.  We’re using them in our final production (C’est La Vie!), which we started work on today.  Last I saw of it, Jo Wedonska had it.  Forgetting it, I left.  When I finally remembered, I searched the Studio but there was no sign of it.  I only hope one of the girls picked it up.

 

‘Death Rides A Horse’ – Ennio Morricone



 

I have written letters for Flash and Naomi.

 

Berwin Groomstool burst in, chin jutting and eyes dark.  He speaks:

 

SHAte on

Pygs…

 

 

He speaks again:

SHAte on

WILLYS

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Shock news…’

No comments:

Post a Comment