The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Sunday, 7 February 1988

Ursula Obsession


‘The Sequel’ – Fields of the Nephilim



 

Today, Stan and I worked on a version of Westworld’s ‘Sonic Boom Boy’ and a song Flash wrote called ‘Bleeding’.  Then we rang Ursula Stag

 

‘Who is Ursula?’ you all ask.

 

I first met Ursula in the Wenns, ages ago, and she was in The Antoinettes, remember?

 

Anyway, we rang + asked her to join Sugarblood as the drummer.  She accepted. 

 

URSULA’S JOINING SUGARBLOOD. 

 

And then I talked with her generally for about half an hour after that.

 

DEVELOPMENTS: The band intend moving to Leeds and getting a flat together.  I definitely want to go to Leeds.  So does Ursula.  So we may all be living together in Leeds, soon, and setting up some kind of base for a ‘gig network’.

 

Sugarblood are going to be massive! 

 

It’s a real inspiration.

 

I feel so good, so big, about Sugarblood.  I’m in a band and it’s real.  My songs, my lyrics (my ideas, my images) and Stan’s brilliant music.  I’ve never felt so serious about anything creative before.  And the idea of Stan, Ursula, me + whoever else getting a flat together + hopefully going to Leeds Poly in Sept ’89  It’s life!  Now all we’ve got to do is live this year out, boosting this band to the greatest heights we can find.  THIS IS THE THING!

 

URSULA OBSESSION.

Next Saturday, Ursula and I may go to The Mission.  If not, we’ll go for a drink + got to Nicki’s party afterwards.  I like Ursula and she likes me.  She’s very keen about living with me, too.  I want to be very close to Ursula.  Actually, I am obsessed with the idea of her right now.  Well, I can hope.

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Pauline Fixation…’

No comments:

Post a Comment