The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Tuesday, 9 February 1988

Tower Of Strength


NOT MUCH LONGER TILL 12am.

 

‘Tower Of Strength’ – The Mission



 

Jez is my name.

 

This Mission single grows on me more and more.  I’ve already played it four times since I got it (today).  Don’t be surprised if it does really well in my book…

 

FURTHER MARY ‘N’ STAN SHOCK!

Today, Mary (who suspects me ‘n’ Justine a lot) finished with Stan.  He was pretty glad.

 

Justine was pleased to hear that she ‘n’ I can have Russ’s room to ourselves after Stan’s party.  But she refused to join Sugarblood as a vocalist.  So throw away the March Violets plans, boys!  Back to The Lorries!

 

I might like to change the name of Sugarblood to Void Indigo (after the comic book)

 

PAULINE, PAULINE, PAULINE…

Pauline and I were talking about food and I said I’d like to cook her a meal.  So she invited me down to her house, suggesting one day during the weekend after next.  But I doubt if that’ll be possible now.  I really wanted to, but I have a rare opportunity to get a lift Up North from Giles Bacon.  Actually, I want Ursula to come with me, because Giles being an undertaker, we’re going up in a black limousine.  HACE!!!

 

Jez rather likes Ursula.  A lot.

 

‘Pump Up The Volume’ – MARRS



 

PLANS: (Busy February)

 

12th:                       

Sugarblood (i.e.Jez ‘n’ Stan) rehearsal at Stan’s.

 

13th:                       

NORWICH with Stan and Ursula.  Either MISSION gig or pub, followed by NICKI’s party.

 

14th:                       

VALENTINE’S DAY.  Sugarblood (i.e. Jez, Stan + Ursula) rehearsal at Stan’s.

 

17th:                       

Stan’s 18th party.  Stay at Stan’s with Justine.

 

19th – 21st:            

Go to YORKSHIRE, hopefully with Ursula (otherwise alone). 

If this trip is cancelled, I’ll go to Pauline’s, cook her a meal ‘n’ stay overnite.

 

Life’s good, kids.

 

And I’m definitely growing a ‘goatee’/devil’s beard + long sideburns.

 

SUGARBLOOD

 

Send VC’s to Justine and Ursula…

 

Baby Chip crawled for the 1st time today.

 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Crowley…’

No comments:

Post a Comment