The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 20 January 1988

The Return Of Paul Jones


‘The Sanity Assassin’ – Bauhaus



 

Last nite’s sleep was fraught with nightmares and tooth pain.  There were ghastly images of the X-Men in my sleep…

 

This morning I was fucked in, due to the sleepless night, and so, once again, I stayed at home.

 

Odd things happened.

 

NOSTALGIA: Well, Paul (Jack’s dad) wrote him a letter, saying that he’s sorry he can’t see him and that he didn’t get him a Chrimbo prezzie, but he’s in a bad patch.  He said that if he doesn’t see Jacksoon, he’ll go crazy, and hopes that in time they’ll get together.  He also sent him a tape with a Dr Hook record on, called ‘Years From Now’, which is sad and… well…

 

‘Revelations’ – Iron Maiden



 

Paul worries me.  I get VERY concerned about him.  So I talked to Betty about it and it seems that Paul has a history of being a bit of a manic-depressive.  Things get him heavily down.  Just as they used to with my Dad, Jon.  In the late ‘60s, when they were all part of a gang (Betty, Dad, Paul, etc), Paul would often disappear for months on end, staying in all the time and keeping himself to himself.  Then, without warning he’d suddenly be back on the scene with no real explanation as to where he’d been, what he’d been doing, or what had been wrong…

 

I get very, very concerned, though.  Maybe I’d better visit him soon.  I hope he’s okay, cos I can tend to feel a lot of empathy for him (given my ‘heavy’ days between Jan – April last year.  Y’know…)

 

Tonight, I watched The Fury, a movie about teenagers with psychic powers, which was quite good and has given me a few ideas for my Fighting Force characters…



 




 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Mundane…’

No comments:

Post a Comment