The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Thursday, 24 December 1987

Christmas Eve 1987


CHRISTMAS EVE 1987

12.30am.

 

‘Gimme Shelter’ – The Sisters Of Mercy



 

Hi.  I’m Ritcherd.  Or Jez, which I also like to be called, thanks.  I’m 17 ½ and I have been, in time, referred to as a ‘Gothic Punk’.  Fair enough.  If that’s what I am, classify me as that.  But there you go. 

 

My favourite groups are The Sisters Of Mercy, Alien Sex Fiend, Bauhaus, Fields Of The Nephilim, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, Strawberry Switchblade, Led Zeppelin and Soft Cell.  But I like loads of stuff, really, including most late ‘60s / early ‘70s progressive stuff and lots of House and modern Dance music.  Up and coming tips?  Erm… Justified Ancients Of MuMu, Death In June

 

The last ‘official’ record I got was: ‘Jolene’ by Strawberry Switchblade.

 





I’m mad, ugly, and covered in zits.  I can be interesting, charming, witty and warm-hearted to decent individuals.  I’m anti-apartheid, anti-Conservative government, anti-war, anti-Nigel Prince, anti-bloodsports and I’m drastically attempting to cut down my meat intake.

 

I’m single now.  My last girlfriend was Justine Black.

 

‘Torch’ – Soft Cell



 

I’m really into: Horror films, Leeds, The Munsters, Doctor Who, girls, Norwich, cowboys, sex, music, food and booze.  Good times.

 

My best mate is Danyel ‘Flash’ Gordon.  He’s… a… person… his own man, I suppose… an ‘ex-goth’.

 

‘BEST’ ‘MATES’ (OTHER): Nyall Watson, Amelia Dalle, Lush, Anastasia, Mary Wilton, Eddie Moses, Simon Nightingale and a few more. 

 

I’ve never heard of Roger ‘I’m a fucking gay’ Watson.  Who is he?

 

All my Xmas love ritcherd xxx

 

Later:

 

Really late at nite on CHRISTMAS EVE – almost Christmas Day!!!

 

‘The Christmas Song’ – Nat ‘King’ Cole



 

Christmas Eve, folks…

 

THOUGHTS: Amelia, Lush, Francesca.  That’s for starters.  Hey now.

 

So.  Santa’s on his way is he?

 

Christmas Eve, eh?  Growing up’s made me a bit cynical of it all.  You know.  All this trying to catch a glimpse of presents.  Going to bed early so Christmas day gets here quicker. 

 

WEIRD.

 

I’m not getting many pressies this year, and I already know what those are, so it’s a bit UNCOOL. 

 

WELL…

 

NEW YEAR’S IS THE ONE FOR ME, I THINK.  Let it wrap itself around me…

 

God.  I really, really, really wonder what Flash’s up to right now.  Intriguing, captivating stuff…

 

Well, Naomi.  Where are you?  Get in touch.  Did you stand me up on Saturday?  Or is there a genuine excuse?  I’m interested.

 

GIMME THE DOG – I FUCK IT’S ASS

WI’ BITS O’ BROKEN GLASS

 

FO’T’ JEST

 

‘Stay With Me’ – The Mission



Last Christmas…

 

Last Christmas was strife.  Tons of agonising. 

 

This Christmas, I just feel empty.  What I need is… well… at the expense of sounding rude, what I need is

A BLOODY GOOD FUCK!

 

Later:

 

Speaking of ‘bloody good fucks’:

 

Yvonne De Carlo!

 

 



 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1  July  2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Christmas Day 1987…’

No comments:

Post a Comment