The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Friday, 20 November 1987

Music News


9.17pm.

 

‘Tomorrow Never Knows (Amphetamix)’ – The Mission



 

Hi!  I’m back.

 

It’s now a week since my world seemingly caved in.  Ms Crook, I retrod all last Friday’s footsteps and looked at the place where I last saw you.  It hurts when they play ‘Crockett’s Theme’ by Jan Hammer on the Common Room jukebox.  That’s what was on when I found out about Canada.

 

Francesca Crook, I miss you.  The idea of you.

 

I spoke to Anastasia and she said she’ll try and get me a photo.  Anastasia’s nice. 

 

Yes, I do fancy her, but I’ll say no more.

 

‘Stay Close’ – Jansen/Takahashi



 

Roger and Suz split today.  There’s a really strong irony to this, as Justine and Suz hate ME for it!  They all reckon I pushed him into it.  Odd really, coz all the time, before I told him to forget Suz and go with Blondie who he fancies a lot, Suz was messing him about with Tim!  Like it’s my fault more than Suz’s, Tim’s, Blondie’s or Roger’s?  Surely I should be fifth down the list?!  I ronically, I’ve not said much to him about it.  Yes, I’ve been there when he’s been with Blondie, but they are managing to do this by themselves!  Today, he alone came to the decision that this was IT, the end.  Becky was upset, of course.  So is Roger, but he feels it’s time to move on.  Tomorrow he’ll ask Blondie out.

 

‘She’s So Fine’ – Jimi Hendrix



 

MUSIC NEWS

 

The Mission are recording an album with ex-Led Zeppelin geezers.  Brilliant!  They release the album next March and an EP in January…

 

Sigue Sigue Sputnik will be back next year, minus hi-heels.  Their new single was to be produced by Stock, Aitken and Waterman, but now some Brazilian geezer’s doing it.  The working title is ‘Sexcess’.  They’re still gigging, apparently.

 

Strawberry Switchblade are coming back…

 

‘China In Your Hand’ – T’Pau



 

RECORDS I WANT

 

12-inch Singles:

 

Anything by Current 93

‘To Drown a Rose’ EP by Death In June

Anything by All About Eve

Anything by Foetus

 

LPs:

 

Floodland by The Sisters Of Mercy

First And Last And Always by The Sisters Of Mercy

God’s Own Medicine by The Mission

Anything by Diamanda Galas

Anything by Current 93

Anything by The Gun Club

Acid Bath by Alien Sex Fiend

The Singles Album by Marc Almond

Immigrant by Gene Loves Jezebel

Gone To Earth by David Sylvian

Where Was? By Guthrie / Handley / Hussey

Anything by Jimi Hendrix

Anything by Red Lorry Yellow Lorry

 

I hope I get a letter from ANYONE tomorrow.  A NICE letter, that is.

 

T’Pau’s lyrix are very true to life.  Dreams are china…

 

Oh!  Thanx to Mary for giving me a v. nice copy of DickensA Christmas Carol today.

 

One week on and only mildly better…

 



 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1  July  2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘FM Stereo…’

No comments:

Post a Comment