The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 18 November 1987

Fiendzine


11.50pm.

 

‘Blood Brother’ – The Mission



 

WHAT DO I LOOK LIKE LATELY?

 

 

‘The Ink In The Well’ – David Sylvian



 

I wasn’t at all well today.  Chest pains…

 

Oh, Francesca.  Have a beautiful life.  Yes.  She went off to Canada yesterday, and as soon as she writes to Anastasia, Anastasia will reply and send her my address.  I just can’t seem to get this myth, this legend that is Francesca Crook out of my life or my mind.  Strange…

 

Today, I really want Floodland, the latest Sisters of Mercy album!  I need it.  I really do.  Legs bought it today.  And when a square like him buys a Sisters album before you, you worry.  I’ve got to get it on Saturday.

 

Simon Nightingale was around today.  And he was v. lively!  ACE!

 

‘Life In Tokyo (Special Remix)’ – Japan



 

I saw Dan Bacon today and he gave me IRON MAIDEN’s Piece of Mind LP. 


 

His dad, Giles, said that if I want to go to Leedsland next weekend, he’ll give me a lift there ‘n’ back, as he’s going up.  I ain’t mentioned it to my folks yet, but I will.  It’ll be a good excuse to see Flash at his new home…

 

Speaking of Flash, he rang me tonite and he’s having a lot of domestic hassle.  His dad and his mum and lots of other tension that you can read about in his diary, if you like.  Okay?

 

Oh Flash!  Is it true you asked ASF / BCT to put my name + address in the Fiendzine?  Oh, I hope they do.

 

No lectures tomorrow.  How shit!!!

 

Francesca… Francesca… Francesca… Francesca… Francesca… soon… I hope… soon…

 

Tracey’s still mad on me.  I’ve heard nothing new from this girl at the Queen’s School, though.

 



 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1  July  2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Sacrilege…’

No comments:

Post a Comment