The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Monday, 23 November 1987

Dragonfire


10.10pm.

 

‘This Corrosion’ – The Sisters Of Mercy



This must be the fifth version I’ve heard!

 

Oh, burn me in the fire of love.  Burn my soul, then scrape the ash from my carbon figurehead.  Burn my soul…

 

Later:

 

‘1959’ – The Sisters Of Mercy



 

Roger was away today.  Popular rumour suggests that he actually ‘got off’ with Suz in King’s Lynn on Saturday afternoon.  And then, sort of, ‘got off’ with Blondie at the gig in the evening.

 

I gave Anastasia my address today, and ended up hanging around with her.  I spent most of my free time with her. 

 

ALL ABOUT ANASTASIA

Her real name is Jill, but she just wants to be known as Anastasia, so that’s what we’ll call her.  She lives in Watton, has bright purple hair; dresses what I call ‘Hippy Goth’.  She’s a Cure/Bauhaus fan… and is rather nice… and, well… I’d like to get to know her well.  You know what I mean.  She’s… well… she’s nice, and Francesca … and Francesca … and… well… Anastasia… and… I’m not going to say what you expect me to say, but Anastasia is nice.  She went to The Neph on Friday.

 

‘Many Happy Returns’ – ABC



 

At dinner break, I asked Anastasia about her ‘n’ Sam.  She said they just didn’t get on.  I could tell before they split, by the way they walked around Tech about 5 miles apart.  She asked me about Justine, and what happened there.  I told her all about it and she seemed well amazed at Justine’s behaviour.  She was also amazed that Roger had finished with Suz.  We talked some more and she asked all about me, Nyall and Roger.  I have a feeling she probably fancies one of the Watson brothers.  Shait!  At the end of the conversation, I said I’d look out for her at afternoon break and have a chat.

 

At afternoon break, I couldn’t find her, but on my way back to Drama, her friend Laura shouted down the corridor for Anastasia to come + see me.  Very nice.  I also saw her at 4.15pm and we arranged to meet up tomorrow.

 

Mmmmmm.  I saw Laura just after Anastasia went, and asked her if Anastasia had a lesson first thing or not.

Laura said, ‘No, why?  Do you want me to tell her something?’

I said, ‘No, I’d just like to meet her in the morning, that’s all.’

 

I hope that she… no, I won’t say a word…

 

I think I… but I’d like to get to know her first… it’s not just up to me, it’s up to her…

 

Oh, shut up, Jez! 

 

Yes. 

 

‘JEZ’ IS WHAT I SEZ!

 

One week after its release, I have purchased Floodland.  It took a lot of getting ‘n’ all, matey.  I had to make a big decision.  It was either that or a Jimi Hendrix LP, ‘In The Clouds’ by All About Eve, or a limited mix of Cabaret Voltaire’s new alternative dance groover.  And I felt that if I didn’t get F now, then I never would.  So I did.

 

Yes!  I AM off to Castleford on Friday night.  So hang on, Flash.

 
AS FOR ANASTASIA

Basically, I really… well… erm… saying things in diaries lately is bad news, guys… so here’s a Future Flash’s opinion.  What d’you think, Flash?

 

[Piss Off Im drank – Flash 11.12.87]

 

I mustwrite to: WILLIAM, NAOMI BELL, FRANCESCA, ANASTASIA (I think), JUSTINE and DIANA (again!)

 

Anastasia, would you…?  Could you…?  Ever?

 

Doctor Who’s new ‘un was on tonight: Dragonfire (Part One).  

 

Isn’t it shit?  KRARP ‘n’ BARBURE.  I liked Ace, though.

 



 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1  July  2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Vote for Roger…’

No comments:

Post a Comment