The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 14 November 1987

Calamity Crush


1.03am.

 

‘Wasteland’ – The Mission



 

Oh, Francesca.  Francesca.  Francesca.  Why Canada?  Why you?  Why me?

 

Later:

12.54pm.

 

‘Floorshow’ – The Sisters of Mercy



 

Still can’t believe much of what goes on in life lately.  Wow!  Cor!  I’m just so… Wow!

 

Later:

1.14pm.

 

‘Burning of the Midnight Lamp’ – Jimi Hendrix



 

Francesca has gone.  Life continues.  I sincerely hope she loves her life and becomes as successful + beautiful as possible.  She’s probably on that plane right now.  High above the Earth.  Just a breath away from destiny.  It’s hard to comprehend that this has just happened to me.  It’s funny, really.  I suppose it’s nothing to you, but think about my position now.  I’m empty.  I’ve lost a piece of myself. Again.

 

Later:

 

Francesca Francesca Francesca Francesca Francesca

Francesca Francesca Francesca Francesca Francesca

Francesca Francesca Francesca Francesca Francesca

Francesca Francesca Francesca Francesca Francesca

Francesca Francesca Francesca Francesca Francesca

Francesca Francesca Francesca Francesca Francesca

Francesca Francesca Francesca Francesca Francesca

Francesca Francesca Francesca Francesca Francesca

 

Ritcherd

 

Francesca…

 

Later:

2pm.

 

‘Wake (Live)’ – The Mission



 

I dunno whether to go out today or not.

 

NORWICH?  Nah.  No one to go with.

KING’S LYNN?  Boring.  Waste my money.

WISBECH?  And do what?  Bah!

PETERBORO’?  Erm.  My parents and the kids are off there today.  If I gave ‘em the dosh, they could get me a record…

 

Later:

4pm.


Hello.  I’m not off out.  I have instead opted to stay home and mix the fourth volume of the BTC’s Waxy X-Periment.  So far we have:

 

Volume One:  The Impossible Mission

Volume Two: The Adventure Begins

Volume Three: The X-Periment Revealéd

 

and now:

               

Volume Four: The Final Phase

 

Later:

 

‘Laura’ – Fields of the Nephilim



 

Watching the Ice Skating on TV was well shayte today, cos all I saw was Air Canada this and Air Canada that.  Perhaps she never really liked me anyway.  It’s all very unrequited.  I’ll have to talk to Mad Ruth about it.

 

Later:

11pm.

 

‘Calamity Crush’ – Foetus



 

I’m glad I stayed in, coz I got Volume Four finished.

 

Now, mates.  It was well worth my staying in ‘n’ all, as I got my parents to buy me a record.  By Foetus (in this case Foetus Art Terrorism).  The disc in question is the 12-inch ‘Calamity Crush’/‘Catastrophe Crunch’.  It’s very alternative disco-funk and I’m quite enjoying my first listen through.  Good stuff.  Quite unexpected really.  I LIKE IT!!!

 

CHRIST!  Betty’s in a lot of pain.  Periods, I think.  She looks really bad.  Hope she’s okay.

 

‘The Long and Winding Road’ – The Beatles



 

I just can’t believe it.  I can’t get Francesca out of my mind.  I’ve lost her.  And I never even found her!  It’s so hard to comprehend.  Never knowing how things MIGHT have been.  This is destiny.  This is fate.

 



 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1  July  2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘Kiss the carpet…’

No comments:

Post a Comment