The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Monday, 30 November 1987

Barry Manilow


3.20pm.

 

‘Since Yesterday’ – Strawberry Switchblade



 

I’m in love with two ‘scabby witches from Scotland’.  Rose McDowall and Jill Bryson, alias STRAWBERRY SWITCHBLADE.  Just gorgeous.  Beyond belief.  And I’ve just got together loads of stuff on them.  Old Smash Hits and stuff.

 


Later:

4pm.

 

‘Jolene’ – Dolly Parton



 

I’ve had the day off  Tech again today, now I’m home again.  Hope I’m well tomorrow.  I need a bath.  I wanna bath.  Gimme a bath.

 

THIS WEEK I WANT TO BUY ONE OF THESE:

 

Strawberry Switchblade’s eponymous LP

Marc Almond’s Singles LP

 

Later:

10.36pm.

 

‘Let’s Hang On’ – Barry Manilow



 

I am listening to Barry Manilow!  It’s on one of the 1982 singles cassettes that Betty and I taped off the radio when we used to tape the Sunday chart rundown (between 1978 and 1983).  This was her choice, obviously, but I find that I really don’t mind it!  What a jape.  Life’s good.  I’m ill.  But life’s good.

 

Doctor Who: Dragonfire (Part Two) tonite. 


Not bad at all.

 

Hasn’t 1987 been a shaterer?  Hah!  Life’s all just a rehearsal for death, I suppose.  Yes, folks, we may be on different legs of the journey, taking different tours, but we’re all headed in the same direction.

 

Oh… I hope I’m well for Tech in’t’ morning.  I feel chronic at the moment.

 

Ohh… good times have been had.  Good times shall be had again.  And why not tomorrow?

 



 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1  July  2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

 

Next time: ‘The past comes a-calling…’

No comments:

Post a Comment