The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Thursday, 16 April 1987

Fizz

7.20am.



My No.1: ‘Sickle Moon’ – X-Mal Deutschland




Well, mates.  Let’s just hope ‘n’ pray that I’ll be going to Flash’s this ‘HOL’ (i.e. today?  eh?  eh?), and let’s hope I get my crimpers back and let’s also pray that today is my last day of work this Easter…



Oh, look!  It’s a realist!



Hello, Mr Realist, what have you come to say about the above?



MR REALIST SAYS: ‘FAT HAIRY CHANCE!’



(Mr Realist collapses and dies on top of an apple-headed, clock-faced goat, someone having confused him with Mr Surrealist)



My sentiments exactly, Mr Realist (but not my hopes…)



See you larhter,

all my lurffe,

a.Toss

xxxx



Later:



‘Transmission’ – Joy Division




Hello, Pope.




‘Poo yOURSEN’



Well.  That was nice.



Oh, well.



I’m definitely leaving now.  Hopefully he’ll be gone when I get back.  If not, I’ll brack his fuckin’ head in!



Later:

12.36pm.



‘Wunderbar’ – Tenpole Tudor




YEAAHRSE!  YO!  YA!  YUP!



AYE – I’M GOING TO PONTY TONATE.



FLASH, I LOVE YOU (SO WHEN I RING YOU UP, LET ME STAY AT YOH HAUS!!!)



YA? 



Later:



YA!



I’M OFF BACK TO WOHK SOON.  THEN HOME.  THEN OFF.



I’LL BE BACK ON MONDAY, THO’!

 

STILL… BETTER ‘N’ NOWT!



I’M ADDICTED TO ‘SICKLE MOON’

– IT’S AIRSE!



Later:

3pm-ish.



‘God Gave Us Life’ – Half Man Half Biscuit




In case I wasn’t making any sense earlier, Flash’s been rung and it’s all clear!



Yoh!  I’ve got my crimpers back.  Ace, eh?!



Later:

10.28pm.



I’m at Flash’s.


FIZZ! says a long and fizzing rog, by Flash …







[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July 2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘In the court of the crimson king…

No comments:

Post a Comment