The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 15 April 1987

Here I Go Again

7.31am.



‘Let’s Go To Bed (Extended)’ – The Cure




A glorious morning.  The sun is shining.  As I’ve decided to appreciate the sun these days, I would be happy that it’s shining under NORMAL circumstances, but not when I’m fuckin’ working outdoors.  On a Tech day it’d mean my hair’d stay up and I’d look well weird, but in THESE circumstances, all it means is I get v. hot + sweaty, look like a skogger, get tired ‘n’ bored, and get depressed (especially if I can’t go to Ponteh!  For a week!), so FUKKA!  FUKKA!  FUKKA!  FUKKA!  FUKKA!  FUKKA!



Dope me up, someone, please…



Later:

7.41pm.



‘Come Here My Love’ – This Mortal Coil




My hair’ll never return to its former Cure/Gallup fan glory.  I can just feel it.  And it’s fuhkin’ me off.



Apart from that, I’ve decided I must be the most stupid bastard in the Known Universe. 



Why?!



BMW, that’s why.



Yes.  Here I go again.



Well, I ask you!  The most beautiful girl in East Anglia.  Nay, the world!  And I, shit, unworthy me, neglected her affections.  I mean, my diary entry from Sat 28 Dec ’85 says I ventured into town and when I saw her, I avoided her.  Instead, I walked around outside Jayne’s house and reminisced.  What a waste of affection.  I am a BASTAHD for this.  No wonder we don’t speak any more.



I’d love to have her back.  I really would.



‘Dickie Davies Eyes’ – Half Man Half Biscuit




Anyhoy, by the Gayboy.  I wrote back to Flash today.  I hope it arrives by tomorrow.



Yes, Flash.  The Sun (in the sky!) is nice.



As for my trippe to Ponteh, Freddie’s been constantly referring to certain aspex of work that he wants me to undertake next week, which means he’s probably got his heart set on me coming back to work.  What choice do I have?



Worrelse?



If wohk goes well tomorrow, Freddie is off to pick up Aunty Vi, Kelly and Toyah, as they are stayin’ for a while.  Which means IF I go to Ponteh, I’ll be off tomorrow naeght.  Which is an ideal time, really.  But I’ll have to come home on Monday, I suppose, as he’ll be taking Vi back then, I guess, and he’ll wanna bring me back…



Mind you, if I go, then I could be a bastard and not bother to be picked up for the trip home!



‘Sickle Moon’ by Xmal Deutschland is on.




This week I’ve also been listening to the likes of Jansen & Takahashi, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Gene Loves Jezebel, Sisters Of Mercy, Sex Pistols, Mott The Hoople, Alien Sex Fiend, The Cult, Shop Assistants, Cocteau Twins, The Cramps, The Cure, Soft Cell, David Sylvian and The Pogues & The Dubliners. 



Yes!  I know a lot of the above aren’t v. alternative.  It’s just that some records tickle my willy this week.  OKAY?







[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July 2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘Fizz…

No comments:

Post a Comment