The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Tuesday, 31 March 1987

Up Queens Road

‘Nagasaki Nightmare’ – Crass




At Tech, working on The Caucasian Chalk Circle with Sasha:



Sasha:                   

RITCHERD IS AS UGLY AS A WOMAN WITH A PERM AND PIG NOSTRILS! 
I’M A NYMPHO!



Jez:                       

So am I.



Sasha:                   

So is Ritcherd.



Jez:                        

This play is Boring.



Sasha:                   

BORING



Jez:                        

Jez WOZ ‘ERE x



What would be the advantage of using a Jacobean style stage for a production of The Revenger’s Tragedy?



Later:



‘The Crystal Ocean’ – The Mission




I’m wearing more and more ripped clothes.  Favourite rip: the one in the crutch of my black canvas jeans.



At Tech, rehearsals on The Caucasian Chalk Circle continued.  And later on, I began to doss in the common room.  Gillian MundenSonia’s friend – came in and sat with me.  I told her that I more or less fancy Sonia and she told me that she (Gillian) is more or less head o’er heels with Roger!  Roger was away today, so he doesn’t know yet.  An 18-year-old virgin, I think she wants Roger to be THE ONE!



So.  On April 1, Roger will be face to face with a girl who is mad on him.  Ho-ho-ho!



Sonia arrived and we three dossed around shaight King’s Lynn



Back at Tech, Gillian told us of the desire she feels for Roger.  I commented that I knew the feeling well, and buggered off to the lavvy.  When I got back, they’d been talking about me.  I could tell.



At 2pm, Sonia had to leave, so I walked her millions of miles up Queens Road, where she was to be picked up.  On the way, she asked me who my desire was for, which really ruined everything, cos I wanted to ask her out.  After a while and some nudging, I took the opportunity to tell her it was for her.  She didn’t seem too fussed, so I was feeling very embarrassed now, but she lent me her big black and gold bangle to wear till tomorrow.  But I didn’t ask her out.



Arriving back at Tech, I spoke to Gillian, who told me I should have asked Sonia out. 



Now I think Sonia DOES want to go out with me. 



I think!



Life is a jarpe!



Rehearsals at TRIANGLIA went well.







[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July 2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘Fools…’

No comments:

Post a Comment