The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Tuesday, 3 March 1987

Tangled Web

‘Massive Retaliation’ – Sigue Sigue Sputnik




Chewsday.


Tech was carkar!!!  I was confused as to where I stand with Flash and Dodo.  I felt nothing, saw no solution, nor any light at the end of my tunnel. 



‘OH, WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE…’ 



I was trying to comprehend the weekend’s lesson: ‘FRIENDS ARE MUCH MORE VALUABLE THAN LOVERS’. 



I was confused.  Did I want to see Dodo again?  Would Flash still be my mate?



Finally, on the way home (after tea at Tina’s and a stint at Trianglia), Freddie told me – accidentally – who had rung Betty yesterday: PAUL, JACK’S DAD!  I was shocked as hell…  Apparently, Nina (the bitch he married) has put him in a mental institute or something, making out he was mad!  Eventually, they separated and sold the house at Nostall.  Nina walked out of his life with half his money, so I gather!  Then Paul, destabilised by the whole experience, turned to the Church for help and has now returned to Pontefract and lives with his mum!  OH GOD!!!  I feel really sorry for him.  But why won’t Betty tell me of it?  I want to see him again, poor bloke. 



WHAT AN AWFUL LIFE THIS IS!



‘I Don’t Want to be Friends with You’ – Shop Assistants




Back home, I discovered a letter from Dodo.  The contents were those of a surprised nature, due to the fact that Flash has told her what I’d said about it maybe being better if I never saw her again.  It’s the last thing she wants; she would understand if I didn’t, tho’.  She is confused about everything, and curious about what happened between Flash and me once we got back to Gordon Villas.  She thinks Flash still hates her, but feels nothing whatsoever for him.  She says there’s so much more she wants to say, but won’t in case she sounds stupid – especially if I don’t see her again.  She likes me a lot and says I mean everything to her.  But it’s killing her, wondering what I think of her…



OH GOD!  SHE STILL LOVES ME!

OH GOD!  I WILL SEE HER AGAIN!

                   I WILL!



DODO, I CAN NEVER GIVE YOU UP!!!







[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July 2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘Jolly caper…’

No comments:

Post a Comment