The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Friday, 6 March 1987

FIRE!

‘Behind the Mask’ – Yellow Magic Orchestra




Jez.  Jez.  Jez.  Jez.  Ritcherd.  Jez.  Jez.  Jez.  Jez.  Jez.



I (billy) love being ill!  I’ve got a real bastard sore throat and I’m probably getting the flu.  Didn’t really do much today, and I don’t feel raeght cracking.  I was excused from Theatre Studies today, due to my lack of voice and physical gusto.  I felt like bowking most of the time.



Today, I bought ‘Severina’ by The Mission (12-inch poster bag) and ‘Behind the Mask’ by Yellow Magic Orchestra (7-inch, yellow vinyl), which I’m listening to now.  


It’s a really refreshing change.  Quite pleasant, and all cos I heard it at my Dad’s on Saturday.



Ritcherd .  Ritcherd .  Ritcherd .  Jez.  Jez.  Jez.  Gothix (subject).  Upper (class).



Saskia.  I now think she genuinely hates me.  I wish I didn’t feel like I was bugging her, which I’m sure I probably do.



Paul rang tonite, for Jack.  It’s the first time they’ve spoken in a while, but they didn’t talk long and they’d finished before I got the chance to say ‘Can I talk to him?!’  It was a very hasty call and I feel really sorry for Paul.  I bet he thinks he’s totally losing Jack.  Well, he’s always got me… I’ve got to see him again.  We must forget the past and forge ahead into the future.



I’m listening to ‘Severina’ by The Mission now.




Ho!  Har!  Ho!  God!  It’s better than ever!!!



Jarvis’s having parties tonite + tomorrow.  I’m off tomorrow.



Later:

8.29pm.



Apparently, Betty asked Jack to Make the fire up – so he did – subsequently he set the chimney on fire…next thing I know, Freddie is asking me to get buckets of water – so I do – I help him – then he has a go at me for being in the bedroom instead of making the fire up earlier to save what happened

I told him to fuck off cos I’m fed up of being used as a psychological punchbag 4 their frustration!  I’m sick to death!  He’s just a bastard!



Later:

8.56pm.



Blackberry Narrow, the house, is okay, etc.  It nearly caught fire when Jack had an accident with the coal fire.  In the ensuing confusion, Freddie and I really fell out.  Paula is here.  Freddie ‘n’ me are ‘friends’ again.



‘Severina’ is so x-cerlentte.



FLASH!  I LOVE YOU!  DODO, WRITE TO ME!  FLASH!  I COULD DIE FOR YOU!  GOD!  I FEEL VERY ABYSMAL…NO!  WHY?  INSECURITY!  I’VE GOT TO SEE DODO!  I’VE GOT TO SEE FLASH – I BET HE HATES ME…AND I KNOW OUR FRIENDSHIP IS DEAD!  IT DIED ON FEB 14TH AND I WAS THE ONE WHO KILLED IT…  DODO!  WHY ME?  GOD!  I AM GOING TO BREAK DOWN!



Perhaps I’m only playing roles

On this stale, old ego trip

I know I tore your heart out

But I’m certain I regret it

You know I’m in love

With a heart that was yours

I know you hate me

But is that a role too?







[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July 2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘Beatrice Miranda Wasp...’

No comments:

Post a Comment