The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Monday, 2 March 1987

A Bleeding Heart for Stolen Lovers

‘Love Will Tear Us Apart’ – Joy Division




Mondaie.



It pissed it down all last night, and it weren’t fuckin’ half windy today.  I got to Tech and told my mates all about the weekend’s happenings.  Roger, Saskia and Tish were rather interested. 




The real shock of the day was when Jo Jordan (the li’l’ gothic) walked past me.  We both smiled at each other and said hello.  We spoke!  We spoke – unprompted – at last!!!



Tonight, I listened to some recordings of the Val’s day party.  In one section, Flash is crying becoss Dodo is always out with me during the Pahtey.  I freaked out, hating myself.  Oh God, I feel sorry for him. 



Someone rang Betty today and it seems to have affected her quite deeply.



Later:







My temporary absence from this world of fear

Will tear your soul to shreds 

My temporary absence from your broken heart

May grant love’s lifeline

As flickering sun blinds your sight, burning

Into your head, whilst I

Wear the bleeding limbs of Eros this suicidal

Morning, my empty mourning,

Your bleeding heart; we were right to part, my absent flame 

From party throng to empty rooms

With this bleeding heart for stolen lovers in

Stations, empty, kissing

Our broken moment on the taste of your goodbye

The future’s ours now, one each  







[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July 2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘Tangled web…’

No comments:

Post a Comment