The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Monday, 30 March 1987

Andromedan Alternatives

7.25am.



‘Safety Net’ – The Shop Assistants




Better say all this fast, cos I’m off to Tech in a bit.  Yesterday was awful.  Or was it?  I’m not sure, really…



Later:

8.07pm.



‘The Temple Of Love’ – The Sisters Of Mercy




What a treat this song is!  It is excellent, isn’t it?



HELLO!



You wanna hear today’s ‘info’?



‘Yeyass,’ says the Rest of the Universe.



I’m still not sure what I think about the Dodo news…



I feel very used and foolish, but I’m glad Flash was able to say ‘I told you so’.  It serves me right.  All the mental hassle.  For nothing…



Thank you, Dodo.  Together we screwed up the best friendship in the Universe, and now you walk away from the destruction unscathed.  Satisfied?  How does it work for you?  Once the dust settles and you can do no more damage do you just walk off and leave?  I don’t understand.  Did you just realise you couldn’t do any more to hurt Flash or tear us up any further?  If that’s true, then you can just piss off!



I feel abused.



At least I’ve still got Flash.  The one I really want.  The BEST of the two.  And I know I’m more than lucky to have him still.  Still, the pain…  



Today, at Tech, Roger, Solomon, Holly Blue (Solomon’s girlfriend), Morticia (Bianca White) and I went up town.



Hey, I’m on a disco ticket!  Libby’s been giving out flyers for the Andromeda Alternative disco at LA’s night club and the picture on the flyer is a photo of me! 



It must be a picture Libby took of me at a disco somewhere, but it’s me with my hair as high as you like in my shades and the usual gear looking pretty cool it has to be said.  And I say that because it took me a while to realise it was me!  In fact, someone had to point it out to me!  But there I am, poster boy for an alternative disco that will feature music by: The Cult, The Cure, The Smiths, Jesus & Mary Chain, The Mission, The Sisters of Mercy, Fields of The Nephilim, plus many more!



(Tickets only £2 adv. from Andy’s and Bayes’.  Extra charge of £1 after 11pm.  Management reserve the right to refuse admission.  Over 18s only.  9pm – 2am.)



On the way back from town, I bumped into Sonia and spent the rest of the day with her.  She’s ace.  An Eldritch/Sisters/Deutschland fan.  And we now know practically everything there is to know about each other (so far).  We are seeing each other tomorrow.  I can’t wait.  I think I rather fancy her like hell.



Oh no!  It looks like another Sadie Woolf Situation…



I know it’s so soon after Dodo, but as I haven’t seen Dodo for about a month, I’m not so upset about meeting someone else.  But I did get rather angry tonite…



Oh well…



Roll on, tomorrow.







[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July 2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘Up Queens Road…’

No comments:

Post a Comment