The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 4 February 1987

Wendy

‘Upside Down’ – The Jesus and Mary Chain

Early Japan is the thing!
Sylvian is the thing!
Alien Sex Fiend is the thing!
The Sisters are the thing!
Death Cult is the thing!

IGNORE ME! 
I’LL GO AWAY!

HOT NEWS: Roger might be coming to the Party, after all!



Tech was rather normal.  In Theatre Studies, we experimented with make-up for next week’s performance.  I did Roger up as a Goblin and he looked well wicked!

By the way, there is a story about Roger’s cousin, Wendy, that I really ought to tell…



I first saw Wendy around Tech about a week and a half ago, maybe more.  At the Tech Disco, Roger asked her if she’d dance with me.  She would have done, but she felt sick.  Later on, she told him I was ‘quite nice’.  Since then I’ve fancied her from a distance.  Today, Roger asked her what she thought of me and would she consider going out with me, which was good of him!  She said she’d let him know tomorrow.  GOD!!!

It can’t work.  She lives miles away.  I’m as old as her younger sister.  I’m penniless. 

HELP?!  Does she even fancy me?!



FUNNY THINGS DEPARTMENT
Roger and I were talking to Marina today.  She said to him: ‘I remember when you first started Tech; you wore faded jeans and a grey sweatshirt.’  Roger went red, and I, staring at him in his all-black splendour, promptly pissed myself laughing.  But then he said to me: ‘You can fuck off.  Once, I saw you in The Videodome in bleached jeans and an orange shirt!’  My turn to go red!

I have booked an appointment to get my hair dyed by Nyall on February 13th 1987!  Woooo!

Still no letters from Flash




[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July 2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘Dramas and Omens…’

No comments:

Post a Comment