The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Sunday, 8 February 1987

Parent Crap

IT IS ABOUT 1pm.



‘Bodies’ – The Sex Pistols




I am pissed orf!  Raeght pissed orf!  Betty is, basically, a cow!  She has decided she is going to clear my bedroom out because she reckons it’s untidy.  I don’t.  But she persists.  I said it was tidy enough for me, but apparently that isn’t the point.  It is her house, she says.  Why didn’t I leave two weeks ago?  Could’ve been good!  If she persists in being a difficult bitch, who knows what’ll develop!  Remember when I asked her about that £30 of mine that is in her possession?  (You probably don’t)  I asked her if I could have £13 of it.  She said, ‘No, you can earn it and still have the £30.’  How can I earn £13 in 6 days?!  When it comes to Friday and I say to her, Can I borrow £13 and pay you it back (i.e. earn it when I get back)?, she won’t allow it.  So, kids, any money on it that I won’t get to Flash’s party on Saturday.  Any money.







Later:

Approx 6.45pm.



‘Hit’ – The Jesus and Mary Chain




May I just take this opportunity to say I’ve absolutely no idea why I take any interest in my ‘parents’ whatsoever.  Cos they’re so shaight!  Betty is now babbling on about how the family should all co-exist, etc, all cos I made them a pot of tea and then went into my bedroom, so they had to pour it themselves.  Tut!











[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July 2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘The devil in the flesh…’

No comments:

Post a Comment