The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Friday, 27 February 1987

Victims of Love

English Lit:






Letter Between Ritcherd and Jenny Taylor:



Dr Jyppo:
Golly me!  HO-HO-HO!  What a jolly letter.  Har-har!  How’s tricks?  What are your hip measurements?  What is the price of semolina?  Can I have a fiver?  Do you smoke elephants?  And, finally, Gestax inx nerdah?  RSVP.



Jen:
Don’t know.  Don’t know.  Bugger off.  No.  What the fuck have you been smoking?



Dr Jyppo:
I wish.



Jen:
R U looking forward to seeing Dodo (haha) AND Flash?  R U in love?  Why does Ian piss me off?  Why do I like Nyall after all that’s happened?  Will Flash hit?  Will you be my phyciatrist (spelt wrong)?



Ritcherd:
Yeyass.  Could be…  Cos he’s a stonker!  Cos he’s a cutesy cutesy boysie woysie.  Will Flash hit what?  Yeyass – hillaw!



Jen:
Indeed.



Ritcherd:
What’s wrong wiv you ‘n’ E’en?  I’m fuckin’ worried about tonite at Flash’s!  Help me! Why do you need a psychiatrist (spelt right)?



Jen:
He’s too serious + runs on a lot about nothing.  Did you say U were phoning Flash 2-night before U go?  If U didn’t, you better had!  Does that make sense?  Will Flash hit U! (sorry, I forgot what I was doing, I mean I forgot to write ‘you’.  Forget it!) I think I want to finish with E’en + I like Nyall + I hate tech + I hate work (Gateway) + E’en’s too demanding + I want some peace + quiet + I want some more money + I owe lots of money + I hate my step-dad + I hate Mrs Smith + I hate myself + I’m going to die from smoking too much.  But other than that, I don’t really need a psychiatrist.



DR SPAZ:
Flash will not hit me.  Bet that’s disappointed you?  Go on, finish with E’en.  Yes…  Now for some psychiatry.  Lie on the couch, take off your clothes and I shall see what I can do 4 U.  Wot’s yer problem?  RSVP.



Jen:
I just told you all my problems.  What do you want?  A 10-volume set of The Problems of Jenny Taylor!?  I think E’en will hit the road soon.  Well, I don’t know.  He’s taking me to Liverpool so it can’t be till after then!  I hate Fridays.  It would be rather funny to see Flash hit you.  No, it would be a very sorrowful occasion – ha-ha!



Ritcherd:
He wouldn’t dare!  HAR-HAR!  But Dodo doesn’t love him any more.  I’ll ask her for advice, I think.  NOW – STOP SMOKING (do it for me, if you want!!!); kill Mrs Smith by stabbing her in the head with a spoon; blow up Gateway; run away with Nyall to Japan (I’ll bump-off Sharon as long as you take me with you in a TESCO’s carrier bag).  NOW, lie on the couch.  CLOTHES OFF!  If you like.



Jen:
I would run off to Japan with Nyall if he was willing, but he seems more interested in Barbie Doll!  I think I would get put in prison if I did any of the other things.



Ritcherd:
NO!  I’ll tell them it was all Sarah’s fault.



Jen:
Don’t be so cruel.  I think by the time I’ve waited 4 Nyall to finish with Sharon, or Sharon with Nyall, then he would’ve forgotten about me (if he hasn’t already) + I would’ve forgotten about him.  Never mind, I can survive without him.



Ritcherd:
Oh, it’s all very sad.  Rite now I don’t think I could LIV WIVOUT DOE-DOE OR DANYELLE – but I’m caught between them.  The two people I like most in the world!



Jen:
How very, very sad.  What about mummy + daddy?  Before, I couldn’t live without Nyall but I don’t like him as much as I did.  You’d better pay attention, so byesie-bye, good luck + don’t do anything I wouldn’t do (which basically means do whatever you want!)



Ritcherd :
HO-HO!  GOODBYE!  TA-TA!



Later:

                                     

‘Happy House’ – Siouxsie and the Banshees


THE LONG + HARD + BAD WEEKEND BEGINS

Today, I wore purple sox, ripped black shirt, purple beads and black beads amongst other things.  My purple streaks in my hair are good.  My spots are really bad!



Tech was so long and boring.  Apart from the fact that I dossed around with Roger, Saskia and Erica.  A jape was had by all!!! 
At dinner, we sat in the Drama Studio with their friend Tish, listening to Balaam and the Angel
…who aren’t rather good.  Sorry, Roger.  After much persuasion, I talked Saskia into lending me her brilliant crucifix for the weekend, and I am deeply indebted to her for this (even though she very often tells me she hates me…).



After I’d been home for a bit, Freddie and I set off from Blackberry Narrow to Pontefract at about 7pm-ish.  I arrived at Flash’s at approx 9pm and he was dead pleased to see me, as I was to see him.  We sat around and chatted about how he feels for Dodo and all the ‘happenings’ of the last two weeks.  He was in turmoil and agonised over all his problems.  I tried to help as best I could under the circumstances.  On Thursday he rang Dodo and told her urgently wanted to see her.  When he finally did, they got on really well and he felt she was after going out with him again (or he hoped), even tho’ he was still going out with Vicky.  Alas, it was not to be!  Today, Flash went to see Vicky and eventually told her could no longer go out with her because of his deep love and loyalty for Dodo.  But Dodo told him she didn’t want him and told him she didn’t want to see him on the 27th – i.e. TOMORROW!



Staying in, we decided to start work on our new The Psychotic Pineapple cassette.  We decided to ring Radio Aire DJ James Whale, but we didn’t get on the radio – ‘bastards’!







[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July 2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘Heartache…’

No comments:

Post a Comment