The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Thursday, 12 February 1987

The Cabinet of Dr Caligari


My No.1: ‘Fall (John Peel Session)’ – The Jesus and Mary Chain




TWO FUCKING SHIT DAYS TO GO!!!



‘NNNGLLLGGKKLLGGLLKKKGGHHNNAIII!!!’ said Jez, awaiting the best (gang) bang since the BIG One.



It is, of course, 7.34am, and I think today is going to be shaeght! 



Why? 



Dunno.  I’ve just got this feeling. 



Apart from that, last nite, lots o’ TS students went to see The Cabinet of Dr Caligari at the Fermoy Centre. 


I wanted to go, but didn’t want to impose any extra expenses / tasks on my parents’ backs as they are letting me go to the Pahtey and I don’t want to ruin my chances of getting there.  But today the YAC (who did last nite’s play) are doing a workshop, which I’m off to.  But I’m sure I’ll feel rather left out.



Later:



‘I Second That Emotion’ – Japan




It’s 7.40pm and I have had a great day.  And I’m more excited about the Pahtey than ever.




With our TS group, I went to the Fermoy Centre for the workshop with the Yorkshire Actors Company.  With them, we did a piece of devising to some of Bill Nelson’s music.  The Actors are: Alan Caig, Andrew Golightly, Hilary Lyons, Jonathan Kernan and Martin Wagner, with Andrew Winters, Phili Josephs and Clare Scherer.  I got on really well with a lot of them and I asked them for a signed photo.  I asked for their autographs to go with the Bill Nelson soundtrack album (should I ever get hold of a copy!), which should make it more valuable.  They searched high and low and signed one for me, as well as giving me a programme.  Free of charge.




Tonight, Stan Flowers rang.  He has arranged to go to Wakefield and will catch a bus at 9.30pm on Saturday so I can meet him Pontefract.



Later:

Not much later.



‘Flesh and Steel’ – SPK




Following this, Flash rang.  He was very excited at the idea of Stan coming.  THANK GOD!  And he can’t wait to see me.  I spoke to Dodo and she was all nice, etc., but was probably fed up with me as I sounded raeght fucked off.  She hasn’t yet opened the pervy letter I sent her.



I rang Stan back and told him to go to Doncaster, as it will be cheaper.  He should then catch a bus to Ponty, where I will meet him.



I’m listening to SPK right now, and they’re quyte interesting.



I CAN’T WAIT TILL SAYATURDEEAAR!



AND I’M HAVING MY HAIR DYED TOMORROW!!!



I bet it goes wrong cos it’s FRIDAY 13th tomorrow.  Yach!






Later:

Approx 11pm.



‘Shoplifters of the World’ – The Smiths




As Friday 13 looms ever closer, I get this really ‘heavy’ feeling that tomorrow I’m going to find myself in deep shaeght for skivin’ lessons.  Hope not!  We’ll see.  Please, no!







[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July 2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘Purple streaks…’

No comments:

Post a Comment