The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 25 February 1987

Absenteeism

‘The Rhino Plasty’ – Gene Loves Jezebel




Why am I so shit?  Today, a letter arrived at home from Tech (to Mr B Baker!), complaining of my many absences from lessons.



Dear Mr Baker



As Ritcherd’s Class tutor I have to write to you to say that we are becoming concerned about his attendance at some of his classes, especially English and Theatre Studies ‘A’ level.  Both of these subjects are essential to students looking for success in the broader area of Theatre Studies.  What is especially disturbing is that Ritcherd’s absence from class often occurs when he has been seen at College earlier in the day.



Ritcherd is far from being a ‘bad’ student and has the talent to do well, but clearly full and continuous attendance at all classes is still necessary.



I should be grateful if you would take up this matter with Ritcherd.



Yours sincerely,



Doug Irvine



Doug Irvine

Class Tutor



Betty + Freddie gave me a good talking to about it, and if I miss any more I’ve got to leave Tech.







Why is music becoming boring?  I hope I can buy something good on Saturday!



I did my hair up with lotsa hairspray today and it were Ess!



I’m writing lyrics again and Roger is writing tunes to accompany them.



I must also apologise for my ‘YUCH!  SHITTY!’ mood yesterday.  I couldn’t love Flash more, but I’m just preoccupied with Dodo at the same time!







[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July 2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘Love Removal Machine…’

No comments:

Post a Comment