The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Friday, 2 January 1987

This Is England

‘They Say it’s Gonna Rain’ – Kerry Delius




SO … IT IS MORNING!!!



Well, sort of.  It’s about 12 in the afternoon, really.  But that’s morning for me, and I’m off for a bath before I go to my Dad’s!



Oh, Christmas is nearly over, kids!



Last night, I had a dream about all my ‘friends’ at tech, and none of them were quite what I’d made them out to be…



Later:

Approx 6.04pm.




I am at my Dad and Annie’s house in Ashton Street, Castleford, listening to ‘Dancing Barefoot’ by The Mission on the stereo.

 



I’m still thinking about the great time I’ve had while I’ve been up here, and about how much I’ll miss Flash and Dodo.  If Pontefract wasn’t such a jype-hole, I’d like to live there, to be near the only young person who respects the same values I do (probably).

 

I don’t think my Dad’s too pleased with my image.  Neither is Annie.  Oh well.  That’s just me, and if I’m a so-called ‘weirdo’, then I’m a so-called ‘weirdo’.  End of story.  PLEASE!    Am I too easily influenced?  No, chids.  This is me.  This is England.  This is the ‘80s.  Well, for another 3 years…



Due to the fact that I’m returning home at about 2pm tomorrow, I can’t go with Flash to the opening of The Alternative Store.  Damn!  I hope I’ll be able to pick up the rest of my stuff from Gordon Villas, though.






By the way, The Situation has completed 60 cassettes – with another 3 in the pipeline.  Good, eh?






I’m starting to think of Jen more.  Where will our relationship go?  I think we’ll see some changes in my personal life pretty soon.  We’ll have to see, won’t we? 



Although I don’t feel depressed right now, I’m sure I soon will.







[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction.  Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July  2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘Dancing barefoot…’

No comments:

Post a Comment