The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Sunday, 11 January 1987

Artistic Exploration

‘The Secret Life of Arabia’ – David Bowie

Add to my list of artistic exploration:

THE SEARCH FOR SELF-KNOWLEDGE

THE IDENTIFICATION OF BEAUTY OR EVIL IN OTHERS

Who am I really?  I want to change so much that I am willing to become someone entirely different.  As JEZ DeCARLO, I can start again and begin my pursuit of Optimism.  JEZ will be a soul-fulfilling personality that will help me mould ‘Ritcherd’ into a new and better person.  I hope.  As JEZ I will be free of all the parts of myself that belong in the past.  Set free from the past, I will be able to discover myself.  Please wish me well.


“MY SECRET LIFE WAS ONE OF PERVERSION…”

I’ve got to get out of Alison’s life, and get her out of mine.  I can’t believe I actually ‘loved’ that girl.  I must have been ill!  She is a bitch!  A cow!  And a snivelling fuckpig!  I hope she rots on the spot!!! 

I don’t like her jacket either…

it’s fuckin’ shate!

    ho-ho-ho!



But no, children.  I must not be angered or anguished.  I am above that.  In fact, I am already thinking of a new song, which conjures up images from yesterday.  I am too stable and reinforced to be angry.  So far.



Later:

‘African Night Flight’ – David Bowie

Erm.  I’ve just been looking at my photos of Sadie, and I think I’d rather quite like to commit myself to a relationship with her.

Later:
8.30pm-ish.

It has been snowing like FECK.  I want a bath.  Ho-ho-ho!  Tomorrow, I shall meet Sadie and we’ll go for din-dins together.  She is rather sexy, and therefore we call her:



“SEXY SADIE”



My hair looks shit and everybody’s gonna hate it.




[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction.  Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July  2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘Ice Age warning…’

No comments:

Post a Comment