The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 24 January 1987

Saturday Sightings

‘Ancient Evening’ – David Sylvian

I awoke!  Yes, it’s true.  I really did wake up this morning!!!

I eventually reached town – in my sort-of-new coat – and wandered around feeling well part of things as they stands thse days.  In ANDREWS, I bumped into a girl who used to go to Wetlands.  Her name is Maria and she was my wife in my original performance of Brecht’s The Caucasian Chalk Circle.  Amazing, eh?  In WH SMITH’S, I bumped into Danny Oliver and I dossed around with him and his girlfriend for a while, before going it alone.

BUT IT WAS:

BORING!



At one point, I saw Mark DaltonBMW’s boyfriend – but obviously not to talk to.

Later on, I bumped into Sue Evans – BMW’s friend.  We chatted and she was interested in how much I’d changed.  Y’see, she didn’t recognise me at first.  She reckons everyone is changing.  BMW among them.  She mentioned Sophie Fisher and then we moved on to Make-Up, who she misses.  And apparently BMW saw me outside the Grammar School yesterday.  Wonder what she thought?!

SCANDAL!  THE WISBECH STANDARD published an article on TRIANGLIA and it gave a supposedly full cast list – minus my name and that of Stan Flowers!  I AM OUTRAGED!!!



Returning home this evening, I did fek + fook all.


“BOGEY!!!”



But The Omen was on today. 
I’m slightly into horror stories again.  And in WH SMITH’S, I contemplated reading (not there and then, but eventually) AUDREY ROSE
and GOLGOTHA FALLS.

Aren’t I a real psycho-dickhead, eh?







[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction.  Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July  2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘He’s leaving home…’

No comments:

Post a Comment