The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Sunday, 25 January 1987

He's Leaving Home (Again)

It is sunday I’m not really sure of the date – Excuse all this

[tear-stain]

shit writing but due to events that i shall explain later, I have just [tear-stain] been told to pack my suitcase and leave home by my parents

BASTARDS!

so I’m just packing

and I’m

going!



Later:
Later on

‘Rip-Off’ – T Rex

I suppose you want to know what happened, eh? 

Well, Freddie and I had a big argument and a fight over my family status and I was thrown out.  

Usual sort of thing, really. 

My ‘parents’ had a go about me not ‘pulling my weight’ in the house.  Today’s example being that I had stayed in bed till 1pm, whilst Freddie had done ‘my’ jobs.  Why didn’t he get me up, then?  He used to, when he still liked me!  Anyway, an argument ensued and Freddie and me got to braying each other before he told me to pack my bags. 

So I did! 

I intended going to Pontefract to escape the evil wrath of Blackberry Narrow, but Betty sort of told me I didn’t have to go.  And after much consideration, leaving didn’t make any real sense.  The whole thing blew over in a couple of hours.  So here I am.  At home, still.  Boring, eh?

Last of the Summer Wine was good tonight.

Today was a bit like 1985!

Later:

‘Joan of Arc’ – OMD


Aunty Liz rang tonight and apparently Vicky (my cousin) has been invited to Flash’s party on the 14th of Feb.  I asked Vicky to tell Dodo (as they sit together in English, or something) to tell Flash to ring me. 




[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction.  Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July  2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘Party plans…’

No comments:

Post a Comment