The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 14 January 1987

Bollocks

It is 12.15pm.

Listening to David Bowie’s David – Live album.

I have just been sweeping the yard, which is covered in feckin’ snow.  This afternoon, I have got to shampoo my feckin’ bedroom carpet, which is covered in mank and gam – remnants of August’s highly infamous Situation: Hopeless Summer Holiday, when Flash came to stay.  Oh well, the past always catches up with one.



This morning, when I was fast asleep, Daphne reckons that Susan Wheeler rang to see if I was off to Tech.  I presume Freddie told her I wasn’t.  And I didn’t.  LOOK – here I am, fer-uckin’-reezin’!!!  Oh well.  Wonder why Susan rang me out of all her friends?  Especially the people who live down her road?!  And where did she get our phone number, cos it’s x-directory?! 

WEIRD.

Well, off I go to sweep the yard further, afore I get ‘nacked in for not doing any work!


Later:
Approx 2.00ish?  3.00ish?

‘Trans-Europe Express’ – Kraftwerk

About my shoes.  Well, a certain leather pair that are real Trend ‘n’ Shate.  I hate them, but Betty says they’re my ‘best’!  I really don’t care for them, and they only worked – briefly – last Autumn when I still used to wear trousers or suits.  They don’t go with my current image at all.  In fact, I wouldn’t be seen dead in them.  Well.  I went out in the snow with them on, so as not to ruin my suede boots or my v. ethnic, squashed black suede shoes, which I love.  And I trod the backs down on ‘em, cos they really don’t fuss me (you could put them in the bin for all I care).  When I got back in, Betty played hell.  But I got ‘em last year and, God!, they’re so shate.  I never wear them, unless in circumstances like today.  Y’do wear such leather twatters.

Oh, by the way, Daphne was talking bollocks again!  She now says that Susan Wheeler –  according to Freddie ‘Aren’t I Hard?’ Daledidn’t ring for me.  She rang to tell us Jack’s school was closed.  Which in itself seems unfathomably weird.  In fact, I’m not really sure it was Susan Wheeler who rang at all.  It was probably Susan Dale, Freddie’s neice.

Gene Loves Jezebel are really growing on me.







[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction.  Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July  2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘Heartache…’

No comments:

Post a Comment