The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Tuesday, 16 December 1986

Missing Jenny

I hate it, that place!  ‘Work’!  Not that it’s actually hard, just boring!  I’m into a bodily depression, too.  A cold and zits.  Greasy hair.


Later:

8.47pm.


‘Anything’ – The Damned



I’m fed up of getting up in the morning + putting on jyp clothes; getting spottier.  My hair is losing its shape; getting bloody filthy.  I hate that lorry yard!

Been thinking again, today.  Gosh, eh?  It’s all I can do at that gip-hole.

There’s a kid called Phil who works at the yard, and (small world, innit, etc.) he goes out with Kirsty McDonald!  Remember her?  The Six Day Wonder…

I think I nearly had an astral projection tonite.  I went to see Jack in a Carol Service at Church, and as I ‘sang’, the whole of the ground seemed to move, and I felt myself rising.  Weird!  Probably just me being shaight.

I must be the most confused person alive.  I miss Jenny so much.  I’ve got to write to her.  You see, I saw BMW walking down the street today and I really must know why I fouled that relationship up.  What I mean is: I must pray that I don’t foul up my life with Ms Taylor from Manchester

Oh, Jenny!  Jen!  Jenny!  Jen!

LOVE ME.  Where are you?

Faraway!

Jenny is merely miles away.  4 days, we’ve been apart.  I miss her presence so much.  I would sell my soul to see her.

It’s 8.54pm.

I think it’s best to tell you, as now is as good a time as any, that with very deep regret I must announce the death of Melba Dench’s mum last week.

My deepest condolences go to Melba and her family.

FRIVOLITY

I’ll be off to Dr Bastard’s house on Saturday.  I can’t wait!  Oh, Flash, I love you so much, I could screw you all nite long (in any heterosexual way possible – which is no way!).

CHIDDIES BEWARE!  Look out for Goolifrey’s ‘LEGION OF UNITED NASTY BASTARDS’, featuring: The Evil Berwin Groomstool, The Mean Mister, The Flailing Bogbonker and The Quite Bastardy Carking Doss!

HELP!

None of us are safe…

Why do I suffer, Jenny?

JeNNY

I WANT

YOU NEAR

ME!

-X-


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction.  Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July  2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

NEXT TIME: ‘Missing Jenny, pt. 2’

No comments:

Post a Comment