The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Wednesday, 17 December 1986

Missing Jenny, pt. 2

7.47am.

I don’t believe I am actually doing this ‘job’!  Another day begins, and I’m already nackered ‘n’ bruised ‘n’ ready to be bored out of my skull!  Today is going to be a twatter!  Bastard!


Later:

7.52am.

‘Girl Afraid’ – The Smiths



Jenny, only you are keeping me from going mad and dying.  I hate this ‘job’ and all I can think about is you, Jenny.  I never thought I’d miss you this much.  I never thought…


Jenny lives deep inside my heart.  I never realised I’d miss her like this.  Working disinterestedly in hidden places, her memory lingers obsessively on…


I keep listening to The Smiths, cos it reminds me of her.  Tonite, I’ll listen to The Cult, because they do as well.  She likes The Smiths and The Cult.  I think ‘Girl Afraid’ by The Smiths and ‘Wave’ by David Sylvian are ‘our’ songs.  They both remind me of this time last week.  ‘Wave’ was that divine moment in the Drama Studio.  ‘Girl Afraid’ was that night of uncertain intentions, sitting and staring in the room downstairs after that pointless argument.  We should have been making love.


Hm.


See you tonight, readers.  Hope you find this boring, cos I do!


Later:


The rest of the day was shaight, except for news of some good telly at Christmas: 







…and – groovy spazhip – Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.


I hated it today!


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction.  Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July  2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

NEXT TIME: ‘Parcel from Alison…’

No comments:

Post a Comment