The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Sunday, 14 December 1986

Let Me Out of this Stupid Universe!

‘Underground (Dub)’ – David Bowie


Wow, I’m not bloody psychic-wotsit-whatever-it-is, am I? 

Yesterday, I said my holiday would be ‘shaight’.  Well, I’m not wrong.

It’s just before 1pm, and I’ve been told that I’ve got to go to work at Freddie’s shitty lorry yard tomorrow.  Wasn’t asked, just told.  First I’ve heard of it, too.  I’m not really impressed.  The only decent thing about it is that I’m getting paid.  Oh, wow!  Big deal!  I really do go on holiday from tech, after 3 months, to go and work in a shitty lorry yard, sorting pallets and loading lorries!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHRRRRRRRDDDDOOOO!

I am resigned to my fate…

I might return later, I might not…

Oh, God…

let me

out of this stupid

UNIVERSE!

Later:


‘Flexible’ – Depeche Mode


My diary is a bodge.  Izzitnotte?

My hair’s a bloody doss.  It’s getting too long to stand it up now.  And when it’s down it looks ‘jype ‘n’ squair’!  Y’see, I’m growing it fairly long now so I can dye it black and crimp it.  Why can’t it just grow o’ernaight?

Oh-Bil-e-an-the-Bears…

And a Partridge in a bear tree!

Hey, this is q. a long Sunday, innitte?

Oh, most certainly, goth-mates!

Flash was spoken to by me tonight, and I’m seeing him next week.  He’s finished with Dodo now.  Oh well…

AMAHZING FAX:     


1) The cat pissed on Flash’s head when he rang me back

2) Berwin Groomstool comes from Barnsley!

By the way, kids, the Year of The Tiger will soon be over.  Next February sees the dawn of 1987: The Year of The Hare.  Not as dynamic sounding, eh? 

Oh well. 


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction.  Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July  2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

NEXT TIME: ‘Sick joke…’

No comments:

Post a Comment