The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Friday, 12 December 1986

The Last Day of Term

‘I Wanna Be Loved By You’ – Marilyn Monroe



The last day of term!  A sad day indeed…


In the morning, Jen, Jarvis + I went up to King’s Lynn, where I saw Sadie Woolf (and gave her loads of Christmas kisses), Sarah George (and drank her wine), and got myself covered in ‘silly string’.  I gave Jen her Christmas present: a 7-inch of Marilyn Monroe singing ‘I Wanna Be Loved byYou’ and a Marilyn postcard.


Last night, Baz from The Videodome threw himself through a window, but he’s okay.  He ended up getting so drunk that he smashed up the entire place.  How jolly!



Kelly Fisher got me into the afternoon Common Room Disco (because I didn’t have a ticket), and it was there that it really hit me that I shan’t see Jen for 3 weeks!  This is bad!


At 12pm, I kissed Jen goodbye.  God!  I’ll miss her!


When we got back to Wisbech, Jarvis took me for some lunch and then a game of snooker (YAK!).  Then we got some lager and dossed around Wisbech.  He’s a good old pop-chum!  He’s in TS2 and I got to know him because we worked together in the play.  It turns out that he, too, used to fancy Janine Sherwood.  Who?  The girl I fancy in Andrew’s!  That’s her name!  Golly gosh, eh?


I might be seeing Flash next week if we go to Ponty!


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction.  Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July  2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

NEXT TIME: ‘Inbetween days…’

No comments:

Post a Comment