The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 13 December 1986

Inbetween Days

‘Kick In the Eye’ – Bauhaus


Life’s dead odd, innit?

This morning, I was just thinking of Flash, when suddenly a letter from him arrived.  Life is bad with him.  He finished with Dodo to be with Manda, and then got back with her.  Now he’s just friends with Manda.  And his parents, Gerry and Gerald, have split up.  His mum was so upset she attempted suicide the other day.  It’s awful.  I’m thinking of him.  I hope he’s okay.  He seems chirpy enough, though.  It seems the radio show offer is still on, and Manda + her friend Heidi want to meet me.  I think he wants to see me.  He could do with the company, and if I go up, I might go to a ‘do’ with him.

I’ll have to ring him soon.

I’ll have to ring Jarvis, too, and apologise for not meeting him in town today.  That’s cos my parents went to Milton Keynes and I had to walk to shitty Wisbech, which means I was late and missed him.




Speculation:  It’s amazing how much you don’t expect to happen to you.  If anyone had told me, this time last year, that right now I’d be into Jen and College ‘n’ all the Alison stuff and The Mission and David Bowie, I’d’ve gobbed ‘em one!

God.  It’s about 8pm.  Worratoss!

And so, my first holiday from Tech begins.  I bet it’ll be shaight!

The dye in my hair’s coming out and it’s not quite so red any more.


 

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction.  Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July  2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

NEXT TIME: ‘Stupid universe…’

No comments:

Post a Comment