The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Thursday, 25 December 1986

Christmas Day 1986

THE ONE AND ONLY CHRISTMAS DAY OF 1986…

Approx 12.20pm.

‘Shapes of Things’ – David Bowie


Thinking of Jenny

Well, I’ve opened all my pressies and they’re all ace and vital, my man! 

ARYADAR say such!

Just to brag and feel skill, I will now list all the Bowie records I own, cos I’m chuffed, etc.

LPs: Hunky Dory, The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars, Aladdin Sane, Pin-Ups, The World Of David Bowie, Diamond Dogs, David Live, Portrait Of A Star (Box-Set of: Low, “Heroes” and Lodger), Ziggy Stardust: The Motion Picture, Love You Till Tuesday and Tonight.

12-inch singles: ‘Underground’.

7-inch singles: ‘Space Oddity’, ‘Under Pressure’, ‘Modern Love’ and ‘Absolute Beginners’.

Brilliant, eh?  I thought so!



D   A    V   I   D

BOWIE

BYL LTD

A man with scruffy stubble in a big, broad-rimmed hat…

My fuckin’ cold’s getting’ worse…

A message from Santa:


 
NAKA-POO!

(But the first ‘A’ is drawn like a toilet wall penis and the two ‘O’s are drawn as breasts on a grinning, naked woman with a full pubic bush and a demon’s pointy tail…)

Later:

‘Weeping Wall’ – David Bowie


Dr Bastard (Flash) just rang me and he’s well okay!  Gottaringhimbacklatah!

Ritcherd Winterfood’s 1980 Kicks Show… 

The Queer of the Spider?  No…

I am… unremarkable.  That is me.

Oh, god, I’m not, am I?

Yes.

Later:

The Christmas No.1: ‘Caravan of Love’The Housemartins


Alison was so good to me.  But I was moody.  And just like my relationship with BMW, I don’t know why I fouled it up.  I was happy then…

To be with Jenny, I ended the relationship Alison and I had both wanted so much.  Was it all worth it?  Why did I do it?  Do I have the right to foul up people’s lives?

My No.1: ‘Wave’ – David Sylvian






[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction.  Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July  2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

NEXT TIME: ‘Boxing Day…’

No comments:

Post a Comment