The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Tuesday, 25 November 1986

Nothing Else Matters

‘Diamond Dogs’ – David Bowie




I haven’t really stopped thinking about Betty since yesterday, when she was taken back to hospital.  I hope she gets well.  I hope she does!



By the way, I can’t go to George’s wedding as I’ll be in Stratford-Upon-Avon on a TS trip.



So, Jen is ‘two-timing’!  It’s an affair, to all intents and purposes.  I know about Ian, but he knows nothing about me.  And the public aren’t aware, either.  She says she likes me cos I’m straight with her, down to earth and truthful; she feels that when I’m with her, it’s just us in the world and nothing else matters.  And that’s exactly how I feel about her.



Later:



It’s 8.20pm.



‘Where the Railroad Meets the Sea’ – David Sylvian




Betty’s coming home, tonaight!



God!  AIDS is going to make the human race extinct.  It says so on the News!  That’s if we’re not careful…



Why do I love Jen so much?  Does she love me?  Why are her eyes like Marilyn Monroe’s?




Wayne Hussey!




Huh?  What’s he got to do with it? 


FUCK ALL, MATEY!






[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction.  Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July  2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘Furtive questions…’

No comments:

Post a Comment