The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 29 November 1986

Nine Years From Now: 29/11/95

NINE YEARS FROM NOW…


‘Don’t You Want Me’ – Felix


11. IF HE’S GOING BALD…


PRAGUE-FACE DID ME A FAVOUR.  I HAVE TO LAUGH NOW, BECAUSE IT’LL NEVER WORK BETWEEN THEM.  BUT THAT’S COOL, BECAUSE I NO LONGER WANT HER BACK – AND I VOW THAT I SHALL NEVER WANT HER BACK.  SHE HAS NO RESPECT FOR ME AND SHE’S DISHONEST, A LIAR. 


‘I WILL ALWAYS HURT YOU.’


WELL, SHE WAS HONEST ABOUT THAT MUCH.  POTENTIALLY.  BUT NO, SHE CAN’T HURT ME ANY MORE.  BUT ONE DAY, IF THEY MOVE TO ENGLAND, SAY, SHE WILL GET BORED OF HIM.  HER USE FOR HIM WILL BE FINISHED.  OR HE WILL TIRE OF HER ‘SPONGEING’ OFF HIM.  SHE’LL BE LONELY ONE DAY, BUT I’M OUT OF IT.  WELL OUT OF IT.  I CAN’T BELIEVE I GOT SUCKERED BY SUCH A SCHEMING, RESENTFUL PERSON.  LILITH SUCKED ME DRY.  BUT NOW I HAVE RETURNED.  I CARE FOR HER, BUT I’M NO LONGER THE FOOL SHE MADE ME.  LET THIS BE MY LAST WORD ON HER AND HIM. 


BUT ONE MUST WONDER: IF HE’S GOING BALD, WILL THIS ENHANCE OR COMPROMISE HIS SKILLS WHEN IT COMES TO BUTTING HER HEAD OPEN SOME DAY SOON? 


SHE TURNED HER BACK ON ME, AND NOW I MUST TURN THAT TO MY ADVANTAGE AND FIND MY TRUE FUTURE.  HOW MUCH OF A FOOL WAS I, ALL THOSE YEARS?  SHE’LL NEVER KNOW HOW WARY I AM OF HER.  SILLY GIRL.  SHE ABUSED ME, ACCUSED ME, MADE ALL THE WRONG CHOICES.  WHAT DOES SHE EXPECT FROM ME?  ADMIRATION?  RESPECT?  ER… NO WAY.


BUT I STILL CARE!  ABOUT HER.  ALTHOUGH I’D LOVE HIM TO DIE.  GOD, I SUCK!  NO.  I BITE.


BUT ONE DAY SHE’LL REALLY NEED ME.


I’D SO MUCH RATHER BE ME THAN THEM.


I THANK THE GODS I ESCAPED.


THE PAIN HAS GONE.  THIS FIVE YEARS IS NOW OVER.


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction.  Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July  2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

NEXT TIME: ‘Twelve years from now…’

No comments:

Post a Comment