The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Monday, 24 November 1986

The Best Kisses of My Life

‘Bizarre Love Triangle’ – New Order




It’s been a weird day, I’m afraid.



Our college play rehearsal went really shaight!



But…



Well…



Let’s just say that Jenny and I are back ‘together’.  Yeah?



I was talking to Sarah George about Jenny’s reasons for leaving me, and I suddenly realised it was Jen I should be talking to. 



So I did.


In the Drama Studio, just the two of us, I told Jen I still felt the same way towards her.  She said she feels the same about me, but has chosen to go back out with Ian.  She said this is causing her difficulties, because when she was with me, she missed him, but now, when she’s with him, she misses me. 



I asked her what she thought would be the best thing we could do about this.  We ended up agreeing that it would be best if I forgot her and we stopped all communication.



Even so, she told me she wished she had the courage to carry out something she really wanted to do.  I told her I was feeling exactly the same.  So we let it happen.  We kissed.  And again.  And again.  The best kisses of my life.  Our secret!  No one is to know about this, because she’s still seeing Ian, but we just can’t resist each other.  This is going to be a ‘secret relationship’.  An ‘affair’, if you like.  And I’ll go along with this, because she’s gorgeous and sooner or later she’ll come back to me properly, I know it.



Jen jokingly said something about killing herself.  It was only in fun, a black joke, but she said, ‘No, I couldn’t do that.  Not until I’ve fulfilled my ambition, anyway…’



She wouldn’t tell me what the ambition was, but it’s definitely to do with sex.  I wonder if she’s still a virgin?  I bet she is!  Oh, I hope she fulfils her ambition with me…



‘Fall in Love with Me’ – Japan




Jazz wants to go out with Alison! 



BILLY! 



Er?  Did I just say that?






[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction.  Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July  2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]



NEXT TIME: ‘Nothing else matters…’

No comments:

Post a Comment