The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Tuesday, 21 January 1986

The Sun Always Shines On TV

‘May the Cube Be With You’ – Thomas Dolby


Norfolk
Education Committee
Wetlands High School

Headmaster
MR K. BURLEIGH, M.A.


Dear Mr. & Mrs Winterfood,
I have made a few enquiries today regarding Ritcherd’s future. It seems to me that the easiest way of getting sorted out would be for you to make contact with both N.O.R.C.A.T. and the Isle of Ely College and make an appointment with the Head of the Drama department. I don’t know the name of the woman at N.O.R.C.A.T. but at the Isle of Ely it’s Dan Taylor. What you want is i) a course description; ii) a chance for the three of you to talk to the Head of department and iii) an opportunity to view the studio and the facilities. I would have arranged an appointment for you but I don’t know when you’re free.

I spoke to Mr. Wilson, our Head of Careers, and he said that he wanted the information by next Thursday as apparently the colleges will soon be closing their courses, as all the places will be filled, so it’s essential to move quickly.

If I can be of any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to phone me. May I take this opportunity of saying what a pleasure it was to talk to you last evening. I have seen Ritcherd today and he assures me he will not forget to pass this letter on – it’s quicker if I send this with him, seeing as how time is so short.

Yours Sincerely

Tina Montgomery

Britain’s Number One is ‘The Sun Always Shines On TV’ by a-ha...

...which is as it should be.

[Bum your BrotheR!!!]

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders / While based on true life events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the 1980s, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is also non-profit and all video clips are used for illustrative and contextual purposes / No copyright infringement is intended.]

No comments:

Post a Comment