The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Sunday, 8 December 1985

Scrambled Egg

'Rock Around The Clock’ – Sex Pistols


I woke up at 6am and puked.

I woke up at 7am and puked.

Before I’d gone to bed, I’d recalled hearing that milk lines the stomach if you’re going out on the piss. As a result, I’d optimistically drunk A PINT just before I went to sleep and now it was causing me no end of trouble. It came back looking like scrambled egg.

I finally got up at 12pm and felt absolutely awful.

I spent the day in Hell.

I have vowed never to drink alcohol again.

‘Disneyland’ – Frankie Goes To Hollywood


Later, I viewed James Bond in From Russia With Love. Not as good as I'd hoped.


Mum and Freddie came back from Pontefract, bringing me a pile of old Smash Hits magazines. Acker!


Tonight I taped a brilliant John Lennon documentary from the radio, and completed Part 2 of Situation: Desperately Hopeless.

OLD DIARY ENTRIES…

This time 6 years ago:
‘I watched Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden (Part Three).


This time 2 years ago:
‘I watched Johnny Jarvis episode five (1981-1982). Such a great TV series.’

This time last year:
‘I went up town (Wisbech) and got a Captain Britain comic, 2000AD 396 and all the other things…

...I spent some of the time with Katy Gaynor until I met Dave. We went around town and in WH Smith a nice girl kept ‘making eyes’ at me. I then spent time with Mandy, but she went home…’

[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders / While based on true life events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the 1980s, this blog is a work of fiction. Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is also non-profit and all video clips are used for illustrative and contextual purposes / No copyright infringement is intended.]

Special thanks to Waen Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment